Date Posted: 1/10/2019
The Fund Development Manager handles all aspects of the Walk to Defeat ALS®, the signature fundraising program of The ALS Association Florida Chapter, and all other fundraising initiatives to achieve budgeted annual revenue targets for walks, endurance events, community events, and all other fundraising initiatives in the assigned region. Our Walk to Defeat ALS takes place in ten locations around the state, generating vital proceeds for patient care and comfort, as well as research for treatments and a cure. Therefore the successful candidate must be experienced in all aspects of fundraising including Peer-to-Peer fundraising and event management.
Location: Orlando - Central Florida Region
Reports to: Director of Development, or designee
Primary Role and Responsibilities
Growth and Development:
- Focus is on developing and growing new and existing Walks, endurance and all other designated events, including teams, team captains, individual walkers, and corporate teams.
- Advance donor solicitation and stewardship activities.
- Responsible for the management and financial development for Walks, endurance and all other fundraising events in designated territory.
- Use all tools available to continually network to identify, recruit and secure sponsorship income for Walk, and/or other events in the designated territory.
- Create and conduct individual and corporate recruitment presentations to secure corporate teams and sponsorship dollars.
- Responsible for recruiting and building strong Walk teams and committees to secure maximum income growth.
- Serve as the point of contact for all forms of communication for participants, team captains, corporate sponsors, committee chairs, volunteers, and community leaders.
o Network to identify, recruit, cultivate, and retain new and existing Community Partner Events, and/or other endurance events.
o Create and implement the annual stewardship and acknowledgement plan for Community Partner Events, and/or other endurance events.
o Manage tracking system for Walks, Community Partner Events, and/or other endurance events for reporting and fulfillment purposes.
Marketing and Communication:
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Communications to help execute all marketing communication efforts relating to local and community events in respective territory. These communications can include television and radio interviews, print communications, and social media.
Overall Planning and Project Management:
o Participate in the planning of long-term and short-term development strategies to solicit funds and meet fundraising targets for the Walk to Defeat ALS® and/or other events in the designated territory.
- Work with Director of Development, Walk, and all other event committees to create budgets for each event in assigned territory. Operate within set budgetary guidelines.
- Establish projected income goals, develop, and implement plans and strategies for meeting income goals for each Walk and/or other events in the designated territory.
o The plan will include a timeline for each Walk “season,” and must include deadlines, sponsorship inclusion, material ordering, mailings, etc.
o Network to identify overall market potential to implement new Walk, endurance, and/or other event markets in the territory through recruitment of event volunteers, volunteer groups, and committees.
- Coordinate all aspects of implementing the Walk to Defeat ALS® program, and/or other designated events in the territory.
- Coordinate and manage committee meetings, kick-off events, post event celebrations, and all other related activities in the assigned territory.
- Required to plan and execute annual awareness luncheon. Strategically identify corporations and local businesses with the intent to introduce ALS and the Florida Chapter to secure community support.
- Outreach to secure in-kind donations for events in the territory.
- Recruit and identify volunteers in your territory to ensure strong committees, Chairs, and event support.
- Work in conjunction with the Chapter’s Volunteer and Event Manager to provide volunteers with clear, concise objectives, expectations, job descriptions, and goals to ensure successful events.
- Pull and prepare reports to collect and analyze data for reporting purposes. Reporting provides needed data for events, committee meetings, leadership, etc.
- Prepare agendas, minutes, presentations, proposals and reports using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
o Maintain explicit database notes in order to ensure all donor and vendor contact information is accurate for follow-up and development purposes.
- Ensure all materials provided and utilized are in accordance with National and Chapter policy and best practices.
- Administrative filing and retrieval of records.
- Must have impeccable grammar, able to proof read, is detail oriented, able to format letters, agendas, and reports using Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Manage tracking tools and spreadsheets.
- Prepare and update necessary materials as needed to ensure all sponsorship logos and information are included as required to guarantee accurate sponsor fulfillment.
- Responsible for updating, ordering, maintaining, and distributing all materials for Walk, endurance, and all other fundraising events in designated territory.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Key Skills:
o College degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
o 3 – 5 year’s progressive experience in all fundraising methods including but not limited to Peer to Peer. A proven track record of fundraising success is required.
o Management of special events required, preferably walk event experience.
o Experience with volunteer management.
o Commitment to accuracy, highly organized, excellent attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious with thorough follow-up. Impeccable spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
o Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
o Able to handle confidential information and maintain high confidentiality.
o High degree of initiative, self-motivated, and resourceful.
o Ability to work under, and comply with, continuous and multiple deadlines and evolving priorities.
o Possess ability to follow through with commitments.
o Team player who enjoys interaction with professionals, peers, volunteers, and those served by the organization.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking.
o Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; intermediate level preferred. Publisher experience desired.
o Professional, tactful, react well under pressure, mature work attitude, reliable, resourceful, and respectful to others. Personable, yet professional and confidential.
o Must comply with mandatory dress code.
o Willing and able to commit to a minimum of 45% travel in designated territory to steward constituents and identify new teams, sponsors and volunteers.
o Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
o Must maintain insurance on a vehicle driven for business purposes.
o Must pass a satisfactory background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
o Able and willing to travel within the state of Florida. May require occasional travel outside of Florida for regional or national meetings.
o Willing and able to drive a cargo van or car within the state of Florida.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
o Employee must occasionally lift and/or move items, typically no more than 50 pounds.
o Frequently required to stand.
o Frequently required to walk.
o Frequently required to sit.
o Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
o Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions.
o While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be louder during events.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com