Job Post Date: 10/15/18
Position Summary: The Database and Prospect Research Manager supports the development team to achieve the fundraising goals of Community Hospice & Palliative Care Foundation (CHF). The position will focus specifically on the daily management of the CHPCF constituent database (Raiser’s Edge), providing reports of constituent data, management of donor acknowledgements and other constituent correspondence, as well as prospect research. The Database and Prospect Research Manager will plan, create, develop and oversee all data management, data processing and systems that promote and support a moves management system. Additionally, the position assists in donor communication and stewardship. This position will supervise and evaluate the work and responsibilities of a Donor Services Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Create and manage an effective database to support prospect management and gift processing; develop and produce the appropriate reports needed for planning, tracking and executing annual fundraising programs; assist with the development of the annual work plan to ensure strategies are in place to achieve annual goals.
2. Assume a leadership role in developing and refining the CHPCF reporting processes and participate in developing strategies to streamline reporting functions and accuracy in support of the priorities and goals of the organization.
3. Lead strategy sessions for data segmentation for major giving, planned giving, annual giving and other direct response campaigns, providing informed guidance on effective donor segmenting and personalized appeals. Develop and implement fundraising strategies with the Foundation Team. Manage annual giving budget (revenue/expenses) and reporting requirements. Work with the Annual Giving Officer to assist with direct response packages (content and design) and budget and reports with an emphasis on ROI summaries and strategies.
4. Provide high-level research on individuals, corporations, and foundations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, including online database services, Internet websites, library and government sources and other external repositories of public information. Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies, giving propensity and linkages to Community Hospice & Palliative Care.
5. Work with the Foundation Team to achieve fundraising goals through the timely analysis of donors, giving patterns and trends to identify individuals and segments for additional cultivation, moves management plan and solicitation. Track and analyze progress toward benchmarks and goals and report at weekly major gifts meetings. Directly oversee the acknowledgement process and participate in thoughtful follow-up for major, endowment and planned gifts. Foundation – Manager, Database and Prospect Research Manager
6. Work with the Vice President, Executive Director and Foundation Team to create and implement/maintain strategic Moves Management plan utilizing established Raiser’s Edge proposal and actions capability protocols. Ensure Moves Management data integrity including contact report, tasks, notes, proposals, assignments, programs, and associated moves. Research, investigate and analyze various media sources pertaining to relevant information about current and prospective donors (individual, corporation, foundation and government funders) documented in their Raiser’s Edge records and included in their Moves Management plan.
7. Directly supervise and provide work direction to the Donor Services Coordinator. Establish staff 90-day action plans and bi-annual performance goals, delegate and assign tasks, monitor quality and timeliness, evaluate end products and services, identify process improvements, identify training needs, and evaluate employee/volunteer performance. Ensure that the daily activities of processing, receipting depositing and reporting of all gifts and pledges are being performed in a timely and efficient manner
8. Develop and/or modify, manage and document the flow of various CHPCF processes and procedures as related to donor, financial, or data/software records. Research, establish, document and maintain protocol and data input guidelines to ensure data integrity and full utilization of Raiser’s Edge, Net Community and Sphere.
9. Design curriculum and execute a training program to provide initial and on-going training on Raiser’s Edge software for CHPCF employees and volunteers. Do a weekly audit of data entry for errors and incorrect codes as needed, providing feedback to appropriate data staff
10. Oversee interface with CHPC Finance Department, monitoring your staff on providing: a. Daily deposit reporting (cash, credit cards, checks) for CHPCF fund allocation b. Monthly CHPCF revenue and expense reporting and reconciliation c. Adjustments and updated fund documentation d. Tracking and filing multi-year capital campaign pledge documentation adhering to established auditors’ standards. Monthly pledge reporting/reconciliation. e. Other donor and fund research and documentation, as needed
11. Interface with CHPC IT department and Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge representative regarding Raiser’s Edge interface, access, security, software upgrades and troubleshooting as needed. Updates CHPCF staff on upgrades and system and reporting enhancements. Oversee interface with Human Resources regarding payroll deduction capital campaign pledge payments for CHPC employees.
12. Directly assist the Foundation Executive Director with special projects, delegating and overseeing tasks as appropriate.
13. Tasks include, but are not limited to, gift processing & acknowledgement, data and donor information management, financial reporting and assistance with research and administration
Foundation – Manager, Database and Prospect Research Manager
General Departmental Responsibilities and Duties 1. Represent CHPC/CHPCF and assist at special events as needed 2. Develop intentional relationships with donors and volunteers in the course of normal activities and be alert to those who may be candidates for growth in volunteer and donor status 3. Assist CHPCF staff with tight deadlines, heavy workloads, event and special campaign mailings
Education and/or Experience: • Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or related field • Minimum of 5 years previous Raiser’s Edge database management experience. Experience in a non-profit highly desirable. • Knowledge of Crystal Reports • Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: • Self-motivated, proactive, energetic, creative, organized and goal oriented • Ability to work independently using excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to locate and interpret financial and biographical information from a variety of sources with a demonstrated ability to synthesize a high volume of information • Ability to work cooperatively and effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with people of all backgrounds. Establish/maintain professional and effective working relationships with CHPCF/CHPC staff/volunteers. Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality • Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including grammar, spelling and punctuation. Must be knowledgeable in business letter and report writing techniques • Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles, methodologies and strategies with the ability to quickly grasp the concepts of our Foundation activities, events, and campaigns. • Ability to supervise staff and volunteers; giving direction, investigating work quality and timeliness issues, providing feedback and evaluating performance as necessary • Must be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and timelines of Foundation day-today activities with excellent prioritization, follow-up skills and “can do” attitude • Process minded with demonstrated skills in project management, priority setting and ability to work within organizational goals and deadlines
Work Environment: The work typically takes place in a normal office setting but may require some lifting of boxes of materials and office supplies of a reasonable weight and size. Foundation staff attends CHPCF fundraising events locally including some evenings and weekends via own transportation.
To apply, please visit https://communityhospice.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CH/job/HADLOW/Database-and-Prospect-Research-Manager_R898