President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

Winter 2020-21

Hello friends!

This month our chapter celebrated the graduation of our 2020 Professional Mentor class, and I have to say, it was quite remarkable to learn about the work that the group has done throughout this year and the amazing projects that the mentees completed, benefiting their organizations. They are an impressive group! Join me in celebrating our 2021 Mentees, Mentors and Sponsoring Organizations:

Jorden Anderson, AZ Humane Society mentored by Jacque Ahrenberg, CFRE

Richard Bert, Camp Colley Foundation mentored by Kristie Leshinskie, MPH, CAP

Sarah Bryan, Desert Botanical Garden, mentored by Alan Knoblock, CFRE

Emily DePaul, Foundation for Senior Living, mentored by Karen Bisko, CFRE

Tiffany Luu, Esperance Inc., mentored by Kelly Hart

Rose Meyer, Family Promise of Greater Phoenix, mentored by Sasha Lewis, CFRE

Brenna O’Brien, Special Olympics Arizona, mentored by Dr. Beverly Browning, PhD, CSPF

Rebekah Prieto, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona, mentored by Susan Waschler, CFRE

Elyse Salisz, Ballet Arizona, mentored by Loren Bouchard, CFRE

Applications for the 2021 Professional Mentor Program are currently open and will close on December 4th. I encourage you to consider participating in the program, either as a mentee, mentor or sponsoring organization. All have shared that through the experience they have gained much more than they have given. You will not regret getting involved!

Later this month you will receive an email appeal asking you to consider making a year-end gift to our local AFP Chapter. Your gift provides scholarships, continuing education, and networking opportunities for our local fundraising community. Please consider supporting your chapter!

This is the last newsletter of the year and my last opportunity to address this amazing community I am so grateful to be part of. Thank you for letting me serve as your 2020 President. I wish each of you a joyous and peaceful holiday season filled with reflections of gratitude, time with loved ones, health and hope. I remind you that despite the uncertainty of the times, we are resilient! We are tenacious! We are, here for good!

Lisa Evans Johnson, CFRE

President

AFP Greater Arizona Chapter

lisaejohnson2019@gmail.com