President's Message

AFP Greater AZ Chapter

June 2019

Hello!

35 years. A great accomplishment. Your AFP chapter is celebrating the 35th Anniversary of our National Philanthropy Day Leadership Awards Luncheon presented by Fiesta Bowl Charities and emceed by Lin-Sue Cooney and Mark Curtis this November 6. Please mark your calendars and …make sure you and your staff, donors and board members attend this not-to-be missed event.

At this Luncheon we will be honoring an Outstanding Youth, Corporation, Fundraising Executive, Volunteer and Philanthropist. We need your outstanding nominees for these awards and our deadline has been extended to June 27.

MEMBER SPOTLIGHT- what AFP means to me….
This month our spotlight is on John A. Scola, CFRE who is the Chief Development Officer of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix.

John_Scola_Head_Shot.jpg
"I will always be grateful to AFP and its members for being a trusted, reliable resource especially early in my career. Thanks to the support of many senior fund raisers, I was able to build my confidence and competence over the years. My participation in AFP allowed me to grow professionally and eventually earn my CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Executive) designation.

Today, as a Chief Development Officer, I trust AFP to provide guidance, expertise, mentorship and comradery to the members of my development team. Through their attendance at workshops, participation in webinars, networking informally and by taking advantage of many other AFP resources, each person on my team has benefitted from AFP membership. It has been and continues to be one of the best investments we have made.”

I look forward to seeing you at our July Luncheon and Workshop on Wednesday, July 31. Dr. Beverly Browning and Kim Joyce, GPC will be presenting on The Do’s and Don’ts of Corporate and Foundation Grant Proposals.

Please keep our chapter website bookmarked and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn for all the latest news and event information.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions, comments or suggestions you may have.

Sincerely,

Liz Kaplan
President, AFP Greater Arizona Chapter
ekaplan@tgen.org
602-463-1240

thumbnail image

Liz Kaplan
President, AFP Greater Arizona Chapter