My Profile

Nicolas Jensen, BA

American Cancer Society

Contact Details

American Cancer Society

Bio

Focused, results-oriented fundraising and communications professional with multiple years of experience in the non-profit sector and election cycle experience in campaigning, grassroots organizing and outreach. 

Previously responsible for managing a five-county regional program and working with the Executive Director to develop a comprehensive fundraising strategy at the Whatcom Alliance for Health Advancement (WAHA). I managed over 100+ navigators/in-person assisters and 23 subcontracted community partners and non-profit organizations, which help individuals enroll in the Washington Health Benefit Exchange's Washington Healthplanfinder to receive Washington Apple Health (expanded Medicaid) and Qualified Health Plans, over a five county region in the North Puget Sound area. As a key member of the WAHA development team, I managed a $780,000 multi-year contract and assisted in raising $227,000 to support various community health focused social service programs at an agency with an annual budget of $850,000 and 12 staff members.

I currently hold a position as the Fund Development Officer at the Children's Hearing and Speech Centre of BC, a $2 million+ organization with a fundraising goal of $400,000, managing grant writing, grant reporting and monitoring, strategic communications, donor & stakeholder relations, fundraising, and organizational and programmatic development. The Centre's mission is to help children who are deaf or hard of hearing learn how to speak and hear with assistive technology.