Chapter Job Listings
Job Posting Information
AFP Saskatoon Chapter offers organizations the opportunity to publish job postings on our website. Postings are usually made public and shared with Chapter members within 48 hours, and will remain on our website for a month after the posting date.
- $100 fee for AFP Saskatoon members
- $150 fee for non-members
Invoices will be sent to the contact person provided, and payment is due upon receipt to AFP Saskatoon Chapter.
Please submit Full Job Description Details along with your organizations' detailed contact information to: email@example.com. Please also let us know if you are or anyone at your organization is a member of AFP Saskatoon Chapter.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS:
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR - THE LUNG ASSOCIATION, SASKATCHEWAN
- FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONAL - NORTH EAST SPCA
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR - THE LUNG ASSOCIATION, SASKATCHEWAN
The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is searching for a motivated, detail-oriented, positive person to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President of Community Engagement, the Community Engagement Coordinator will have a large portfolio working with volunteers and donors on a daily basis. The Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for three important areas of our fund development workplan; raffle administration (spring and fall), volunteer fundraising and coordination, and managing the Tributes program, in addition to other activities as assigned.
BREATHING PASSION AND COMPASSION. Our reason for being can really be summed up in one word: Breathe. It’s what unites us. It’s what inspires us. And it’s what keeps our community of physicians, scientists, clinicians, educators, administrators, volunteers and donors so committed— whether it’s searching for cures to lung diseases, teaching our youth about the dangers of tobacco, or fighting for clean air. The Lung Association, Saskatchewan is the leading organization in our province working to promote lung health and prevent and manage lung disease. We do this by funding vital research and pushing for innovative ways to help people manage their health.
1. Raffle Coordination
2. Volunteer Fundraising and Volunteer Management
- Manage all administration for our spring and fall raffles (includes inquiries, ticket fulfilment, ticket printing, data management, and prize solicitation and distribution).
- Call centre management for outbound and inbound calls.
- Process all incoming raffle ticket orders and donations on customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Prize and sponsorship solicitation.
- Empower individual and community supporters to fundraise.
- Support the volunteer fundraising initiatives and manage and organize logistics (occasional travel within Saskatchewan may be required).
- Coordinate all volunteer led events by supporting vendors, volunteer committees and providing oversight in these areas:
- Operation, logistics, security
- Communications and marketing
- Fundraising and recognition
- Process reports specific to volunteer fundraising events.
- Recruit, train, and coach volunteers to fundraise:
- Provide the content for web pages, emails, social media, newsletters, and all related volunteer fundraising content.
- Manage and respond to all inquiries from volunteer fundraisers via mail, email, social media, and phone on a timely basis
- Fulfil all Tribute donations
- Raise awareness and revitalize the Tributes Program
- Any other duties as assigned
- Adhere to all internal Lung Association policies, procedures, and guidelines.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience working with volunteers an asset
- Proficiency in data processing and technology
- Proficiency in using databases
- Ability to communicate with donors, community partners and volunteers and excellent telephone etiquette
- Experience in managing human resources an asset
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to detail and precision
- Excellent customer service skills
- A valid Saskatchewan driver’s license is required
- Ability to work showing initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to foster good relationships and proactively network
- Ability to make decisions, solve problem and offer solutions
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Perform duties in accordance with the values of The Lung Association, Saskatchewan including efficiency, effectiveness, professionalism, integrity, honesty, compassion, respect and dignity
- All employees of The Lung Association, Saskatchewan are expected to follow a lifestyle which exemplifies good respiratory health habits
TIME REQUIREMENT & WORKING CONDITIONS
- This is a Full-Time position working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. There is occasional evenings and weekend work as required.
- This position will be based out of The Lung Association office at 1231 8th Street East in Saskatoon, SK.
- Office environment (sitting, standing, some light lifting).
- May have to travel and support events within Saskatchewan
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FUNDRAISING PROFESSINAL - NORTH EAST SPCA
The North East SPCA is in need of a Fundraising Professional that has an enthusiastic attitude toward meeting their goals.
This position requires you to be passionate for the work we do.
Attention to detail, exceptional organizational skills, ability to work well with a team and remain flexible are a must.
You are the centre of your team's activities, and the backbone behind our fundraisers, volunteers, and donors. Your volunteer management skills will help you connect with your volunteers, donors, and communities. In addition to managing your own fundraising campaigns, you will support our community fundraising teams to enable them to succeed in their fundraising programs.
- Act as the face of the organization in the office and in our communities.
- Respond to telephone and walk in inquiries/donations, liaise with other rescues, SPCA's and, Humane Societies, local authorities, social workers and women's shelters.
- Keep accurate communication records, databases and files.
- Maintain and provide required financial documents for fundraising initiatives, donations and office expenses.
- Meet annual fundraising goals by managing volunteer Community Fundraising Groups and individual campaigns within the North East Area.
- Develop plans for reaching fundraising targets that will include Community Fundraising Team planning meetings. Coordinate with the Director of Volunteers to assist with recruitment and orientation of the team leaders and volunteers.
- Cultivate and grow relationships with volunteers and donors to ensure continued growth and success of fundraising initiatives.
- Previous fundraising, marketing and/or sales experience is an asset.
- Proven success in fundraising and volunteer management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Programs including Excel.
- Financial experience in areas such as budgets, bookkeeping, and/or banking.
- Possesses a valid driver's license and has access to own vehicle.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
We invite you to forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. We offer the chance to earn benefits and advancement. This posting will remain open until February 15, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest however, due to volume, we can only contact those selected for interviews.