The Saskatoon Chapter was founded in 1999 and serves the city of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada and surrounding area.
Mission: AFP Saskatoon Chapter, an association of professionals based in Saskatoon, advances philanthropy by enabling people and organizations to practice effective and ethical fundraising.
- Promoting ethical fundraising
- Providing access to relevant research and information
- Providing professional fundraising education
- Supporting the sharing of knowledge and skills among members
- Enabling and promoting the AFP credentialing process
- POWER Luncheons
- AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course and CFRE Refresher Course
- National Philanthropy Day Celebrations
- Provide professional accreditation, Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) and Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE)
- Promote the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice and Donor Bill of Rights.
- Support new fundraisers through a mentoring program
- Support individuals who otherwise would not have access to educational opportunities due to financial constraints through a bursary program
Organization: The AFP Saskatoon Chapter is a volunteer run organization. There are standing committees in the areas of Programs, Communications, Government Relations, Ethics, Education and Membership. We also collaborate extensively with our fellow Canadian chapters in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and Victoria.
- Recognized as Ten Star Gold Chapter
- Growing membership-we now have over 90 members