National Philanthropy Day® is the Association of Fundraising Professionals – South Dakota Chapter’s premier event honoring the outstanding contributions that philanthropists, distinguished volunteers, corporations and communities have made to enrich the state of South Dakota.
AFP SD is now accepting nominations for the 2020 South Dakota AFP Awards for Philanthropy at https://npd.afpvote.org/nominations/SDAFP in the following categories:
- Outstanding Philanthropist—a South Dakota individual, couple, or family with a proven record of exceptional philanthropy.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Community—a South Dakota community that has successfully achieved a community improvement by encouraging the entire community to work together to raise the necessary funds.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation—a business operating in South Dakota that has a significant record of exceptional generosity in its community or statewide.
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser—an individual who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating groups of volunteers for major fund raising projects.
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy––individual ages 10–23 who demonstrate outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy.
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional––Honors individuals who have had a significant impact on people through nonprofit organizations because of their outstanding documented accomplishments in fundraising. The nominee must have at least 15 years of professional fundraising experience.