Welcome to the AFP South Dakota Chapter job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the South Dakota area.
We feature all career position announcements for one month on our AFP South Dakota website. Anyone who visits this site will see your position announcement on our Chapter Job Center. In addition, your position will be sent out in our AFP update email with a link to the job center. This monthly update email reaches more than 360 fundraising and non-profit professionals in South Dakota who have self-identified as wanting to stay connected to our chapter and receive updates.
$50 - AFP members
$150 - Non-members
Please email your job positing to SouthDakotaAFP@live.com. Your information will be reviewed, edited if needed, approved and posted by our Chapter Administrator. Your organization will be invoiced via PayPal within 3-5 business days.
Contact Chapter Administrator Angie Kuiper, at SouthDakotaAFP@live.com if you have any questions.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS – FULL DESCRIPTIONS
Assistant Director of Development
Company: McCrossan Boys Ranch
Date Posted: October 11, 2018
Overview: The Assistant Director of Development is responsible for assisting with public relations and the planning, organization, management and execution of gift procurement activities.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a related field and two years fundraising experience working in a non-profit organization OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills: ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail software, & fundraising software; possess a valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle
Physical Requirements: general office environment will include sitting, standing, walking, filing, keyboarding, etc.; physical activity related to picking up donations including ability to lift at least 40 lbs.
Supervision: The Assistant Director of Development reports to the Director of Development.
1. Develop and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors, corporate and foundation sponsors, the general public, and the media.
2. Assist with overseeing the maintenance of the database of donors, donations and potential donors.
3. Assist with implementing all fundraising campaigns including capital campaigns and planned giving campaigns. Develop and maintain support for annual giving programs. Identify and solicit support for new campaigns.
4. Assist with writing grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders.
5. Assist with maintaining the website and social media sites.
6. Assist with creating, producing, and distributing newsletters, brochures, press releases, campaign letters, invitations, and other publications and promotional materials.
7. Coordinate and attend special events.
8. Schedule and lead tours of facility to visitors.
9.Carry out special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position will remain open until filled. Send a letter of interest to Christy Menning, Director of Development, describing qualifications for the position and resume to email@example.com or McCrossan Boys Ranch, Attn: Christy Menning, 47135 260th Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57107. EOE
Company: Sales & Marketing Executives, Inc. of Sioux Falls
Date Posted: September 19, 2018
Request for Proposal (RFP)
SME Sioux Falls is the premier organization for developing and sustaining a driven and influential force of leaders in our community. SME Sioux Falls continuously provides our members with networking opportunities and world-class education through national speakers and local experts.
SALES AND MARKETING EXECUTIVES, INC. OF SIOUX FALLS intends to contract for the position of Executive Director as an independent contractor. The Executive Director will provide organizational support services to the Board of Directors, Committees and the 240 plus membership of business professionals.
The SME Sioux Falls Executive Director will provide membership support, business and financial management and organizational support to the Board of Directors and Committee leadership. This role will include organizational governance, operations, financial, membership, marketing and technical management.
- The role of Executive Director is full time and must be flexible to direct meetings, events and provide availability to the membership.
- The Executive Director must be a visionary and strategic leader with the ability to support and collaborate with a membership of business professionals.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experience in providing organizational management services.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office, database management, QuickBooks, social media and web presence.
- Marketing, printing and publication management.
- Contract management and negotiations.
- Serve as the SME Sioux Falls liaison to the community.
A detailed SCOPE OF SERVICES and RFP RESPONSE REQUIREMENTS can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org Application to provide these services must be received no later than Friday, October 5, 2018.
Questions may be directed to: Jan Feterl at email@example.com - or - call 605-359-4876