Members of AFP are welcome to post job openings here at no charge. Non-members may do so for $50/month. This space is reserved for jobs that are related in some way to fundraising or nonprofit management in the Chapter area. To post a job or get more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Jobs posted on this site are in no way endorsed by the AFP West Florida Chapter.
A Non-profit Organization in Pensacola is searching for an experienced Advocacy/Outreach Coordinator to lead and develop advocacy activities for people with disabilities in the four county areas of Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties. This position will be the face of the organization and will need to be an excellent representative.
- Assist people with disabilities in both system and individual advocacy issues covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and provide Peer Counseling to consumers.
- The incumbent develops strategies and alliances with State and Federal elected officials, city/county government agencies and others to promote all titles of the ADA. This position requires considerable judgment, and independent decision-making.
- The incumbent will survey buildings, parking spaces, offices and any other structure using the ADA and Florida Building Codes.
- Meet with consumers and establish goals and objectives to live independently.
- Must be able to provide own transportation and travel extensively, with or without accommodation to perform essential functions, throughout Northwest Florida.
- Promote and inform the organization’s five core services: individual and systems advocacy; information and referral; independent living skills training; peer counseling; and transition services.
- Reliable transportation
- Knowledgeable with ADA and Florida laws
- Needs to work independently
- Needs to be a great communicator and able to be able to educate the community regarding their services and about people with disabilities
- Must be able to pass Level II background screening
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an Independent Living (IL)-related field is required
- Master’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- 5 years of experience within the Independent Living movement or a Master’s Degree in related field is desired.
Benefits and Pay:
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Should you be interested, please submit your resume to: Joshua Buenviaje, HR Specialist, email@example.com.
||Investor Relations Manager
LandrumHR is working with a non-profit organization located in Niceville which was created to promote economic growth and diversification. Our client is seeking a full-time Investor Relations Manager to join their team. This position will work with current and prospective sponsors to build the organization’s program.
- Participating in brainstorming sessions to help develop an investor development program including information needed to create specific program, quarterly, and year end reports as well as monitoring program effectiveness and budget.
- Coordinating and providing support for Client’s board meetings. Tasks include sending meeting invites/track responses, printing/assembly of materials, taking minutes, booking room, ordering food and setting up/tearing down room (name tags, table tents, projector, easels/stands/markers, refreshments)
- Brainstorming the creation of sponsorship opportunities to support board functions
- Producing customized investor reports, conducting research and pull information needed for reports to demonstrate value has provided investor, drafting communications to send to investors; and developing year in review report at year end.
- Conducting research and pulling contact information to help develop a prospect list for new investors
- Tracking investor/prospect contact information using customer relations software and Outlook
- Developing and coordinating events (e.g. industry breakfasts/luncheons, regional updates) to efficiently recruit new investors
- Brainstorming on how to leverage events put on by other organizations to capitalize on investment opportunities and engage attendees to discuss potential investment now or in the future
- Being responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal staff and external executives to set and coordinate appointments and meetings with investors and prospects
- Communicating clearly and professionally with past, current and potentially new investors.
- Building positive relationships
- Working closely with accounting on invoices and payments
- Working with marketing to create collateral materials, presentations and proposals to support retention, recruitment and relationship management efforts
- Providing a professional company image through phone and in-person interaction
- Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3+ years of experience in board member relations
- Experience in conducting corporate research
- Understanding of fundraising/investor relations strategy
- Prior involvement with economic development, government or not-for-profit organization
- Experience with Salesforce, iContact, SurveyMonkey, Doodle
Should you be interested, please submit your resume to: Wendi Fairchild, Professional Placement Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.