Now Accepting Chamberlain Scholarship Applications for AFP ICON 2020
The Chamberlain Scholarship program honors Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE, who had a long and distinguished service to AFP, beginning in the 1960s when the organization was formed (as the National Society of Fund Raisers) and continuing until his death in 1999.
Mr. Chamberlain’s dedication and volunteer service to the organization we now know as AFP never faltered. Because of his long-time support of the Foundation’s annual fund and generous planned gift, the AFP Board of Directors renamed the Conference Scholar Program in 2000 to honor Mr. Chamberlain’s memory and commitment to the Association.
Each year, it is the intent of the AFP Greater Baton Rouge Chapter to select one qualified candidate as the Chamberlain Scholar to represent our Chapter during the AFP ICON. The Chamberlain Scholarship covers the recipient’s conference registration fee to the AFP ICON, minus a $10 processing fee. Past attendees to AFP ICON have shared that this conference is both an incredible learning experience and an opportunity to meet and network with professional peers in the field of fundraising. The next AFP ICON will be held in Baltimore, MD on March 29-31, 2020. To learn more, visit http://afpicon.com.
Requirements for applicants:
- Candidate must be a current member in good standing of AFP Greater Baton Rouge Chapter
- Candidate must be currently employed as a fundraising professional, or, if candidate is an executive director or other professional, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising
- Candidate must never have attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant and must attend the full conference
- Candidate is responsible for making all travel and lodging arrangements and agrees to pay the $10 processing fee to register for the conference.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with our chapter after the conference has concluded. This may include a report to Scholarship Chair, a contribution to AFP Baton Rouge newsletter, and/or a brief report to membership at a monthly chapter meeting.
The deadline for submitting the Chamberlain Scholarship Application is Friday, October 11, 2019, so please apply today!
Please send completed applications to email@example.com. Please contact Charlene Montelaro, Scholarship Chair, with any questions.
To download a copy of the application, please click here.