President's Welcome

Welcome AFP Baton Rouge Chapter members and visitors!

I am excited for what is in store for 2019!  I shared with our 2019 AFP Baton Rouge Chapter board and committee chairs that my theme for 2019 is INSPIRATION.  Each of us as fundraising professionals are called to inspire!  We inspire others to connect to causes we care about and we inspire them to make change through giving generously of their time and resources.  You make a difference in our community that is unparalleled.  You inspire me!

As an association, we have the opportunity to collectively inspire the community.  When we share our stories, we inspire the community to think and act philanthropically.  As fundraisers, we look at obstacles, not as a barrier, but as the launching point, often starting with little or nothing and turning it into something that changes lives.  We are often the people in our organizations that people look to for growth.  We are the ones that people come to for help.  We connect and we build.  And we are strongest when we work to inspire together.  What will be your story in 2019?  How will you elevate your cause so that others support and engage?

We also have an obligation in our profession to inspire others by ethically stewarding our donors and the resources with which we are entrusted.  It is important to remind our community about our ethical standards, our Donor Bill of Rights, and the tremendous values and missions of our organizations and our association.  By maintaining and showcasing these values, we elevate our standards and serve our constituents better.  It is an opportunity to inspire!

I also shared with the 2019 AFP Baton Rouge Chapter Board my vision for this year and it has been inspiring to see the excitement as we make plans for engagement opportunities for our members and the community.  I hope that we can approach our chapter with innovation and try to accomplish some big things that we’ve never done before.  Look for some inspiring announcements to come from our incredibly talented committee chairs very soon!  I hope that each of you in our chapter will join a committee and make things better in our community. And for those in the fundraising field who are not yet a member, I invite you to join us at one of our monthly training sessions to learn more or visit our membership page for the opportunities.

Thank you for your commitment to the fundraising profession and to the organizations that you serve! Keep inspiring!

Danny_Fields_7533.jpg

Danny Fields

2019 AFP Baton Rouge Chapter President

P.S.  Share what inspires you! Email me at Daniel.Fields@fmolhs.org.

Danny Fields serves as Director at Our Lady of the Lake Foundation and has been a proud member of the AFP Baton Rouge Chapter since 2007.