President's Welcome

WELCOME FROM THE PRESIDENT

Dear Colleague,

As we begin a new year, I assume that some of us have set some goals – both personal and professional. One of my goals as the 2024 President is to engage more members.  As you contemplate your 2024 goals consider the 3 reasons to serve our Chapter.

There are many paths to reaching your goals.  I have a hunch that serving on an AFP committee could help you reach at least one of your goals.  Here are some suggestions:

If your goal is…

1. To add a skill to your resume – Maybe you need to increase your experience in events, we have a committee for that.  Maybe you want more experience in asking for money, we have a committee for that.  AFP committees cover a broad range of activities that could fill those gaps.

2. To sharpen a skill, you have – If you are already good at something, share that skill.  We have a committee for that.

3. To have fun – our Chapter is full of fun people.  I know this firsthand. I’ve laughed with them (and laughed at them a few times, too.)  Committees have fun while they work. 

To sign up for a committee or learn more, check out Volunteer Opportunities - AFP Greater Baton Rouge Chapter (afpglobal.org)

Thanks for all you do to make our profession strong.  I’ll see you at a committee meeting soon!

Happy 2024 and 35th Anniversary to the AFP Greater Baton Rouge Chapter!

In service,
Kristy Mayes
2024 AFP-GBR Chapter President
Chief Development Officer, Open Health Care Clinic