Company: Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore
Date posted: November 2, 2020
November 1, 2020 (open) to November 20, 2020 (close)
Resumes will be reviewed on rolling basis until position is filled.
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission, which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community” - the Foodbank has distributed over 300 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. For up-to-date information on the Foodbank, visit www.foodbankonline.org, Facebook, or Twitter.
About the Opportunity:
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is seeking a dynamic and strategic individual to serve as Director of Development. This position has primary day-to-day responsibility for the development and implementation of fundraising activities that forge and maintain relationships to build upon the Foodbank’s visibility, impact and financial resources. The Director of Development will report to the Vice President of Programs and Development and serve as a member of the Senior Management Team. Further, he/she will provide leadership support for other teams, executive leaders, the Board of Directors’ Philanthropy Committee and three direct reports who are responsible for our annual fund campaign, volunteer management and administrative operations. Additionally, the Director of Development is responsible for soliciting/securing major gifts of $2,500+ and individually meeting an annual fundraising goal of approximately $750,000.
- Are you an individual with a passion for supporting a mission-driven culture that is focused on transformative change for people facing hunger and experiencing food insecurity?
- Are you an individual who is comfortable with ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and creating order through excellent critical-thinking and problem-solving skills?
- Are you a leader who has held responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to meet monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue (cash and in-kind) through contributions from individuals, corporations and special events?
- Are you a team member who has expanded and diversified an organization's donor base/pipeline and worked closely with other team members to secure new funding for strategic initiatives?
If you answered yes to these questions, this could be an ideal opportunity for you!
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Norfolk, Virginia and will require some remote work to ensure proper social distancing in our facility and adherence to safety precautions for our organization due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public administration or other related field of study.
- Preferred: CFRE and/or Master’s degree.
- Required: 8-10 years of progressive experience with increasingly responsible positions in fundraising; excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as exceptional time management skills; strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task; eagerness to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace through a keen ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities; superior ability to develop and sustain positive relationships with team members, donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Preferred: Prior professional experience with non-profit organizations.
Compensation and Benefits:
A competitive salary with paid time off, matching retirement contributions, and employer-sponsored health benefits for individuals and their families are just a few of the incentives that make this an exciting opportunity.
The salary range for this position is $72,375 to $90,535, depending on experience and education.
If Interested: Forward a cover letter, resume, and 5-year salary history to email@example.com no later than November 20, 2020. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We are unable to accept telephone calls and in-person visits or respond via email to outreach about this position.
The Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Foodbank encourages applications from qualified persons of every race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, and disability.