Company: Patrick Henry Family Services
Date posted: June 13, 2018
Department: Institutional Advancement
Job Status: Active
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Chief Advancement Officer
Amount of Travel Required: 10%
Job Type: Full Time
Positions Supervised: Community Development Coordinator and Administrative Assistant
Work Schedule: Varies
The Director of Donor Relations and Administration’s primary responsibilities are the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) donor relations program and day to day IA office administration at Patrick Henry Family Services (PHFS). Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the director will build a donor-centered donor relations program and manage administration activities based on the best practices in the following areas: Office Administration, Donor Relations, Stewardship, Annual Giving, Gift Processing, Gift Acknowledgement, Data Management, Prospect Research, and Report Writing.
The following are the functions essential to performing this job.
- Develops, implements, and leads a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined by the Institutional Advancement team. Ensures donors are acknowledged and recognized to strengthen their financial support for Patrick Henry Family Services.
- Direct the Annual Fund program working collaboratively with staff and external partners.
- Acts as a liaison and specialist to advancement personnel in order to provide cultivation and stewardship assistance to individual donors and prospects.
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of donor communications in multiple mediums in a timely fashion. This will include, but not be limited to, social media sites, Annual reporting to Donors including Foundations, e-blasts, year-end-reminders, pledge reminders, endowment reports, gift acknowledgements, invitations, newsletter updates, fundraising campaign materials, and press releases.
- Ensures special events are communicated and on the calendar of appropriate senior staff and targeted guests.
- Creates innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors; ensures the external reporting to donors including Foundations.
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgments, including receipts, thank you letters, pledge statements, foundation reports, and endowment reports.
- Works closely with IA staff to report to donors on the use of gifts, to arrange meetings between donors and beneficiaries if appropriate, and to help celebrate gifts.
- Reasonable Accommodations Statement To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Non-Essential Functions: N/A
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Delegating Responsibility - Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Greater donor satisfaction. Demonstrated as a result of increase in donor contacts, donor visits, giving, retention rates, size of gifts, and number of new first-time donors.
Strong management, leadership, and supervisory skills are necessary along with demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to motivate other staff and volunteers. An excellent understanding of computer and constituent software is required. Demonstrated experience using Raiser’s Edge NXT is required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of: Raiser’s Edge cloud-based fundraising and relationship management solution.
Skills: As noted above
- To make informed, objective decisions with integrity
- To collaborate effectively with other team members
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: Minimum three years experience, preferably with a Non-profit, Education, Healthcare, or other related industry in fund development, stewardship, advancement services or related field. Previous experience interacting with donors is mandatory.
Computer Skills: Excellent computer skills, particularly with word processing, spreadsheet programs, and database management. Experience with G Suite or Microsoft Office preferred.
Certification & Licenses:
- Languages: Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, in the English language, with proper etiquette
- Office or other equipment: Normal use and understanding of basic office equipment including the computer and its related software, copiers, and fax machines
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must have the clean and neat appearance of a business professional
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) - Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) - Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Stand F Walk: F Sit: F
Manually Manipulate F Reach Outward O Reach Above Shoulder O
Climb O Crawl N Squat or Kneel F
Bend O Grasp O Speak F
To apply visit https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/List/3104/Patrick-Henry-Family-Services-Inc