Ready to join or renew your membership? Join Today!
With your membership, you will enjoy a wealth of career-building programs, educational resources, networking opportunities and exclusive member discounts.
AFP Membership: Invest In Your Career
Now, more than ever, you must invest in yourself! And it’s your professional community, the Association of Fundraising Professionals, that can offer you the best resources—at the best value for your membership dollar—to help you and your organization succeed.
What can AFP provide to help you succeed? The best training and education in the fundraising field. AFP offers a myriad of continuing educational opportunities for all fundraisers, regardless of experience level or specialty, and most can help you attain your certification to demonstrate your commitment to and expertise in the profession.
- New ideas and latest trends in the profession. Between the AFP Weekly, the bi-monthly Advancing Philanthropy magazine and our website, AFP keeps you current on opportunities and innovations that will affect you now and in the future.
- Networking with colleagues and access to fundraising experts. AFP Webinars let you hear from the most experienced practitioners in fundraising, and online forums like AFP Connect let you talk directly with fundraisers with a wealth of practical, how-to knowledge. Networking through your local chapter can also bring new opportunities every day!
- Benchmarks for success and future growth. AFP research data, such as the Fundraising Effectiveness Project and Compensations and Benefits Report, show how you and your organization stack up in the profession and how to proceed to find even greater success.
AFP also isn’t just an investment in you and your professional career. Your whole organization benefits from the programs available through AFP membership. Success today for charities means:
- Showing the public your commitment to ethics and accountability. AFP’s Ethics program, featuring our Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and the Donor Bill of Rights, is the most respected in the world and underscores what you and your organization does to steward not just the public’s money, but its trust as well.
- Reaching out to a growing and diverse donor base. AFP’s diverse resources not only help organizations reach out to different audiences, but also help build inclusive boards that can more effectively serve different populations.
- Developing fundraising leadership. Successful boards and staff that know and appreciate fundraising are key ingredients to success. AFP’s executive programs develop management and leadership skills and help forge the critical bonds between staff and board that result in exceeding fundraising goals.
AFP Member Benefits
Make the most of your membership! View the full list of member benefits and resources.
AFP Central Virginia: Your Local Chapter
AFP Central Virginia offers in-person monthly meetings, special events, and professional growth opportunities:
- We schedule monthly programs with guest speakers presenting on current trends, opportunites, and challenges facing our sector. These meetings are typically held on the second Thursday of each month from 9-10 am. Join us from 8:30 - 9 am to network with your colleagues!
- We are proud to be in our fourth year of the Inclusive Fundraising Fellowship program. IFF offers inclusion-oriented education, training, networking activities, and one-on-one mentorship for Central Virginia-based mid-level and emerging (2- 5 year range) nonprofit professionals representing a wide range of diverse backgrounds and interests.
- Since 1996, AFP Central Virginia has hosted a National Philanthropy Day celebration, honoring philanthropists, organizations, and volunteers for their impact in Central Virginia and beyond.
- Our chapter job center provides a place for you to post your organization's current job openings or search for your next opportunity.
- Our 1-1 mentoring program matches mentors and mentees in pairs based on shared experiences and career goals.
AFP Membership: FAQs & Categories
Learn more about individual and organizational membership options that are available. AFP membership is processed by AFP Global. If you have questions regarding your membership status or if you wish to join or renew by phone, please contact them at (800) 666-3863. For questions about AFP Central Virginia, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.