AFP offers a number of educational opportunities especially for the experienced fundraising practitioner. These opportunities address both the practical skills and theoretical understanding required of advanced-level fundraisers. Visit the CFRE International website.
2017 AFP San Diego CFRE Exam/Application Scholarship Program
The Association of Fundraising Professionals, San Diego Chapter is pleased to announce the 2017 CFRE Exam/Application Scholarship Program. The AFP San Diego CFRE Exam/Application Scholarship is for $700 to cover cost of the application and exam.
What is the CFRE?
The Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential demonstrates an individual’s mastery of the standards set for core knowledge and skills required of fundraising executives after three years of experience. This practice-based designation requires demonstration of having met these standards through both an application and a written examination.
The Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential provides you with a recognizable demonstration of your personal and professional achievement and commitment.
Who administers/recognizes the CFRE?
The CFRE Program is governed by the CFRE Professional Certification Board. The program and the board is administered in cooperation with leading philanthropic associations:
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Association of Fundraising Consultants (AFC)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Association of Lutheran Development Executives (ALDE)
- Association of Philanthropic Counsel (APC)
- Boy Scouts of America (BSA)
- Brazilian Fundraisers Association (ABCR)
- China Association of Fundraising Professionals (CAFP)
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners—Association Canadienne des Professionnels en Dons Planifies (CAGP-ACPDP)
- Educate Plus
- European Fundraising Association (EFA)
- Fundraising Institute Australia (FIA)
- Fundraising Institute New Zealand (FINZ)
- The Giving Institute
- International Catholic Stewardship Council (ICSC)
- Japan Fundraising Association (JFRA)
- Kenya Association of Fundraising Professionals (KAFP)
- Korea Society of Philanthropy (KSoP)
- National Association of Cancer Center Development Officers (NACCDO)
- National Association of Charitable Gift Planners (CGP)
- National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
- New England Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (NEAHP)
- North American YMCA Development Organization (NAYDO)
- Texas Association of Community College Foundations (TACCF)
- United Way Worldwide (UWW)
What is the ACFRE?
The Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive Program is administered by the ACFRE Professional Certification Board.
Certification as ACFRE requires successful completion of four stages of the process, which must be completed sequentially: a written application, a written examination, a portfolio review, and an oral peer review.
What opportunities meet the ACFRE requirements?
Candidates for ACFRE Professional Certification should be aware that not all "advanced" or "senior executive" continuing education opportunities are acceptable for the ACFRE application process.
To be eligible, such activities must address one or more specific topics in Advanced Organizational Management or Advanced Organizational Leadership, as described in the ACFRE Application and Guidelines.
What criteria do I need to satisfy?
Those interested in pursuing an ACFRE certification must meet the following criteria:
- Have 7-10 years or more of experience in professional fundraising.
- Currently have or hope to attain a leadership or managerial role in philanthropy.
- Want to expand their knowledge and understanding of fundraising history, philosophy, and theory beyond a basic level, and/or
- Have identified the ACFRE designation as a career objective.
Congratulations to our latest CFREs:
Lisa Ritchie, Netzel Grigsby & Associates
Brooke Truesdale, San Diego Zoo Global
Questions? Please Contact:
AFP San Diego SNAP! Chair - firstname.lastname@example.org