The AFP South Eastern Ontario Chapter’s annual conference returns in May with a full day of engaging workshops and inspiring speakers. The conference is a must for all fundraising and non-profit professionals.
The Chapter offers a Bursary Program as part of its’ ongoing commitment to professional development in the field of fundraising. Bursary opportunities are available to AFPSEO members and non-members alike.Bursary Criteria:
- Candidate must work or volunteer in a registered Canadian charity.
- Candidate must have fundraising as at least 20% of current position’s mandate.
- Preference will be to candidate whose organization could not otherwise support attendance.
- Preference will be given to candidate that has not received a bursary from AFPSEO in the previous 24 months.
- Preference will be given to candidate that can demonstrate financial need on the part of their organization and/or lack of professional development budget.
Please tell us more about how you would benefit from attending the AFPSEO Conference. In order to submit the strongest application possible, please answer all questions to the best of your ability. Please submit a typed bursary application form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. on March 31 to be considered. For further information or questions, please contact Suzanne Beek, Chapter Administrator AFP South Eastern Ontario at email@example.com.
First Time AFP International Conference Attendee
This scholarship is provided by AFP International to each of the AFP Chapters in order to send a fundraising professional to their first AFP International Conference. Each chapter accepts applications and is responsible for choosing a suitable applicant to receive the scholarship. This scholarship covers the registration fee. The next application will be in the fall of 2018. Click here for more information.
Canadian National Scholarship Program
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy—Canada offers Canadian fundraising professionals working for charitable and non-profit organizations the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills in fundraising.
Financial scholarships, up to a maximum of $1000, are being offered to cover registration and travel costs for educational programs at the local, national and/or international level.
Educational Programs that can be funded through the National Scholarship Program include, but are not limited to:
- AFP Congress
- AFP CFRE Review Course
- AFP Chapter Fundraising Workshops & Conferences
- AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising Course
- AFP International Conference
- Other fundraising conferences/courses/tuition fees
*The Next Scholarship Deadline is March 15, 2018*
Click here for more information