AFP MIAMI Launches Mentor Program
Purpose: For professionals new to fundraising or in a new position who desire a mentor for guidance, encouragement, and support.
The AFP-Miami Mentor program will provide professionals new to fundraising (or interested in professional growth) with mentoring opportunities from master practitioners (7+ years' experience).
Please click the links below to learn more and join the AFP Miami mentor community.
Mentor Program Summary
Are you new to AFP and/or the fund development profession? AFP Miami invites you to sign up for a local mentor!
What to Expect from a Mentor:
- Mentor will keep mentee informed of upcoming AFP functions by calling or e-mailing in advance of an event.
- Mentor must maintain periodic communication with mentee, at least monthly, to offer advice, guidance, referrals to other members with specific expertise or simply remind mentee of the professional resources available through AFP.
To Become a Mentor:
The AFP Miami Chapter is currently recruiting members with 10 years or more of experience to serve as mentors for AFP Miami members. The Mentoring Program serves as a “buddy system” to engage new members of AFP Miami with our local chapter as well as help provide experienced guidance and support in professional fundraising areas of interest.
Mentors keep their mentee informed of upcoming AFP Miami events and serve as a referral source when expert advice is required for a particular question or project:
- Mentor must have been a member of AFP for a minimum of one year.
- Mentor must feel adequately engaged with the local chapter to be able to provide effective guidance to a new chapter member.
- Mentor must be willing to commit to a one-year mentor/mentee relationship.
Please contact AFP Miami Mentor Program Chair:
Melissa Wetzel, CFRE