The Association of Fundraising Professionals represents more than 30,000 members in 200 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession.
AFP believes that to guarantee human freedom and social creativity, people must have the right to freely and voluntarily form organizations to meet perceived needs, advocate causes, and seek funds to support these activities. To guarantee these rights, AFP's purposes are to:
- Foster development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy.
- Establish a code of ethics and professional practices.
- Require member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices.
- Provide training opportunities for fundraising professionals.
- Implement programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership.
- Collect, research, publish, and disseminate historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Promote public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Conduct activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- Enlist, organize, and support members to achieve our purposes.
- Foster international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide.
- Use all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes.
- Provide a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
AFP Miami Chapter Diversity Statement
Diversity in fundraising - Diversity is the seeking and achieving of a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions, and cultures. Inclusiveness is an essential source of vitality and strength for the effective pursuit of an organization’s mission.
Our Diversity Mission, Vision & Values
To ensure that our AFP chapter reflects, represents and responds to the cultural diversity of the Miami-Dade community.
We envision a community of fundraising professionals where a commitment to diversity,
inclusiveness and justice transcend our differences.
We believe that diversity, inclusiveness and understanding increase productivity, enrich problem-solving, and heighten creativity.
We believe that diversity enhances our profession, strengthens our sense of community, broadens our understanding, and moves us all toward the greater good.
Approved by the AFP Miami Board of Directors on December 8, 2010.
AFP membership connects you to a dynamic community committed to excellence in the fundraising profession. Your membership in the Miami Chapter offers many benefits in addition to those you receive from our international organization. Some of the benefits of being part of the Miami Chapter include:
- Invitations to Networking Opportunities & Chapter Educational Events/Meetings
- Ability to Post and Look for Local Fundraising Jobs
- Ability to Access and Post an Event on our Community Calendar
- Access to the Online Directory of Vendors
- Receive Advancing Philanthropy, AFP’s full-color quarterly magazine
- Receive Discounted Event and Conference Fee
- Receive weekly issues of AFP eWire
- Access to the AFP Membership Directory
- Access to the AFP International Directory of Consultants
- Access to the online Career Planner on the AFP International website
- Free access to the AFP Resource Center
- And Many More!
there are countless reasons, but if you asked us for just ten...
Joining the AFP Miami Chapter is simple and easy. Whether you are new to fundraising or a seasoned veteran, membership in the Miami Chapter is a great move for career advancement.