Welcome to the AFP Greater Wichita job posting center! This service is designed to share pertinent career information with our audience of development professionals in the Greater Wichita area.
All positions are featured on our AFP Greater Wichita Chapter website for 30 days. They will also be emailed out to the AFP Wichita email database- nearly 700 professionals in the Greater Wichita area as well as appear in our monthly newsletter, "Elevate." Please email your job post to the email address below. Your organization will be directly invoiced within 48 hours of your post. When the invoice has been paid, the job will be published to the website and sent out to our list.
$60 for AFP Members
$75 for Non-Members
Please contact Bridget Mersmann at AFPWichitaChapter@gmail.com is you have any questions.
Development and Marketing Assistant
Catholic Charities of Wichita
Posted March 12, 2019
Summary: Under the direction of the Senior Director of Development, coordinates and assists with donor and fundraising activities, marketing and communication functions supporting agency goals, ministries and development efforts. Non-Exempt (Hourly).
• Assists the Senior Development Director and the Development Coordinator in developing and implementing fundraising tactics to support the work of the agency. Is involved in the planning and execution of all fundraising activities.
• Enters donor information in Raiser’s Edge and exports statistical information from database and compiles into readable reports to be used for analyzing all aspects of development and marketing.
• Assists with the processing of mail, batching contributions in Raiser’s Edge database, and creating acknowledgement letters for all donor gifts.
• Coordinates the process of receiving, tracking and distributing in-kind donations throughout all Catholic Charities’ ministries.
• Assists in executing the development stewardship program as outlined by the development team.
• Administrative support with the board development committee and the shelters advisory council, including minutes, agendas, acknowledgements and other duties as assigned.
• Assist Marketing Team with various communications and marketing functions, supporting the goals of the Marketing/Communications department. This includes writing copy or updates for marketing materials, assisting with press kits, writing articles, organizing and maintaining printed material and clippings and creating flyers and supplemental marketing pieces.
• Assist with regular web site updates, additions and enhancements through writing and research.
• Support the agency’s social media calendar by obtaining appropriate content from ministries with posts, pictures and monitoring inbound messages.
• Assist in placing advertisements and news release information as assigned.
• Assist in distributing the agency newsletter, print and e-mail versions.
• Maintain community media and marketing contacts. Develop process to maintain updates.
• Manages daily work activities including time, materials and expenses to best optimize the resources available.
• Performs other related assigned duties, as needed.
Click here for more information or email LeAnne Miller at LMiller@catholiccharitieswichita.org
Director of Bethel College Fund
Bethel CollegePosted March 8, 2019
Bethel College is currently accepting applications for the Director of Bethel College Fund to lead the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and support of initiatives in the areas of planned giving, development services, and alumni and church relations.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal and relational skills. They will be comfortable requesting gifts on behalf of Bethel College and will have an understanding of the confidentiality associated with fundraising.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the Bethel College Fund
- Provide fundraising support to Institutional Advancement (campaign, endowment, phonathon)
- Nurture a portfolio of current donors
- Identify and cultivate a portfolio of prospective donors
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the philanthropic community
- Function as an active and supportive member of the advancement team and college community
- Experience in development or related area
- CFRE certification
- Connection to Bethel College and our community
Resume and cover letter including any experience and/or contributions with diversity, equity, and inclusion may be sent to Megan Kershner, Director of Human Resources, Bethel College, 300 E. 27th Street, North Newton, KS 67117 or uploaded to the online application. Applications accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE.
Foundation Executive Director
Butler Community College
Posted March 8, 2019
Reporting directly to the President and a Foundation Board, the foundation Executive Director is the senior officer directly responsible for the strategic vision, planning, and management of all private fund-raising efforts for the College. The Executive Director also serves as a member of senior management and is engaged as an active participant on Executive Council. The Executive Director provides input regarding major College decisions, including the College’s strategic plan and informs the alignment of the college’s strategic plan with that of the Foundation.
The Executive Director provides leadership for the annual giving program as well as all major giving campaigns, including campaigns with goals that generally range in the millions of dollars. For all major gift campaigns, the Executive Director is charged with direct oversight responsibilities to lead and manage campaign leadership to ensure successful completion of the campaigns.
In addition to campaign oversight the Executive Director leads and directs the development, cultivation and solicitation strategies for individual, foundation, corporate and other gifts, to significantly increase the size of the endowment. The Executive Director is responsible for college-wide as well as external engagement, coordination and communication relative to the college’s fund raising efforts and community relations.
As special Assistant to the President the Executive Director officially represents the President when he/she is unavailable and assumes other duties/responsibilities as deemed necessary by the President, especially in regard to external relations.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Communications and Special Events Manager
Posted March 4, 2019
Exploration Place seeks a full-time Development Officer responsible for various aspects of the organization’s fundraising programs. Job duties include the cultivation of corporate sponsorships, assist in organizing our annual fundraiser, Death by Chocolate, expand our Explorer Society and assist with various other projects. Work closely with the Director of Development. Must be a highly motivated self-starter with ability to solicit and secure funding support. Requirements include: excellent verbal and written skills, computer knowledge and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with previous experience in a fundraising position. CFRE certification a plus. This salaried position requires a valid driver’s license and generally works Monday-Friday but must be flexible to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Please send resume to Kathleen.email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE
Wichita Children's Home
Posted March 4, 2019
Role: The focus of the Communications and Special Events Manager is to increase revenue through communications, special events and Development Department efforts. This individual will be responsible for overall communications, including marketing, social media, website, data visualizations, media relations and all other communications needs. This role also provides year-round leadership and logistical support in the planning, coordination and evaluation of agency’s fundraising events.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 2+ years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent computer skills, including comprehensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted February 25, 2019
Key responsibilities include identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors matching philanthropy passion to purpose. Strategic skills include planning, project management and team building expertise. Technical skills demonstrate proficiency in Excel Microsoft, social media and donor software- Raisers Edge preferred. Communication skills require accuracy and winsomeness of written content and social skills to foster relationships with business and young professionals, philanthropists, pastoral staff and parishioners. Committed to Christian care and mental health, candidates without a passion for the faith based mission of HopeNet need not apply. Base salary with incentive salary package. Incentive includes non-financial and financial indicators of performance applied as a percent of base salary. HopeNet compensation for fundraising and development employees follow the standards in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards. No health benefits are currently available.
To apply, email resume with faith and understanding of mental health to email@example.com attention Development.
Chief Development Officer
Kansas Humane Society
Posted February 25, 2019
Position Purpose: Plan, develop, implement and oversee all fundraising activities for the organization based on a formalized development program strategy that assures adequate funding for shelter operations, services, programs and special projects. Manage and provide leadership to the development department and staff. Promote the organization within the community to ensure a broad base of funding resources to help build a fund development program to include major and annual gift programs, foundation grants, corporate sponsorships, events and community programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and to apply.