MISSION: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) empowers individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research and advocacy.
RHODE ISLAND CHAPTER
Established in 1987, the Rhode Island Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP-RI) currently serves more than 130 members. AFP-RI is dedicated to advancing philanthropy by improving the skills of fundraising professionals, increasing the participation of members and nonmembers alike in Chapter activities, and expanding our professional and career opportunities to embrace the diversity of our communities.
Membership benefits offered by Rhode Island Chapter
- Scholarships – Financial assistance is available for educational sessions as well as local and international AFP conferences;
- Professional Development sessions – offered throughout the year on a variety of fundraising topics geared toward both new and seasoned professionals. Members receive up to a 30 percent discount on fees;
- Networking Breakfasts – regularly scheduled networking breakfasts offer an opportunity to meet other professionals, share information and make valued connections;
- National Philanthropy Day – Every November, AFP-RI hosts Rhode Island’s premier event celebrating philanthropy with nearly 500 people attending;
- Conference – The Chapter hosts a fundraising conference including educational tracks for all levels of experience, nationally recognized keynote speakers and great networking with other professionals. Members receive a significant discount;
- Government Relations – Members are kept informed of legislation affecting nonprofits. AFP-RI’s Government Relations Committee advocates for sound legislation that supports ethical fundraising and donors’ rights; and
- Awards – AFP-RI honors outstanding philanthropists at National Philanthropy Day and recognizes individuals celebrating milestone anniversaries as AFP members at our annual meeting.
For more information on the Rhode Island Chapter, please contact Amy Gravell at email@example.com.
To view the AFP Rhode Island Board of Directors click here.
To learn more about AFP membership categories click here.
To visit the AFP International website click here.