The Association of Fundraising Professionals - Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter (AFP-EPA) is seeking industry professionals to present their ideas, knowledge, and expertise. We are now accepting proposals for our 2023 educational programing.
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 environment we plan to hold virtual and in-person educational programing. Tracks will include monthly workshop sessions, keynote speakers, and workshops for Lehigh Valley Philanthropy Institute in May 2023. Our chapter draws development and non-profit professionals and volunteers from the Greater Lehigh Valley, including Harrisburg, Poconos, western New Jersey, and northern and western Philadelphia suburbs.
Workshop sessions are limited to 50 minutes and should target specific audiences to educate professionals across fundamental, intermediate, and advanced career levels. Please submit the attached form as completely and accurately as possible to ensure your proposal receives full consideration. We encourage attaching a menu of topics for consideration and applicable supporting materials.
Topics covering best practices in fundraising techniques, innovation, research, and career development will be selected on the following criteria:
- The originality of the presentation material.
- New approaches to current and emerging issues.
- Significance and depth of content.
- The professional experience and background of the presenter(s).
Application Windows and Deadlines
Applications are accepted year-round and reviewed quarterly. Prospective presenters for Chapter programming and Lehigh Valley Philanthropy Institute can use the deadlines below.
January -March, 2023
December 15, 2022
April – June, 2023
February 28, 2023
July -September, 2023
March 31, 2023
October – December, 2023
June 30, 2023
Proposal Submission & Content Guidelines
- Completed applications and proposals will be reviewed quarterly.
- Presentations must be 45- 50 minutes of education content and allow 10-15 minutes for attendee interaction and Q&A.
- Presentations must target specific audiences across all career levels. Education tracks defined as:
- Fundamental: Fundraising professionals with 1-3 years of experience
- Intermediate: Fundraising professionals with 4-7 years of experience
- Advanced: Fundraising professionals with 8 plus years of experience
- Keynote Speaker Proposals must include a sample of the proposed presentation or other presentations, webinars etc.
- Consultants are encouraged to co-present with a professional from the nonprofit sector.
- Material must be presented virtually via our AFP Chapter ZOOM platform to be provided by AFP chapter.
Proposal Selection Criteria
Proposals will be selected by AFP EPA on recommendations from a volunteer advisory committee that will review all completed proposals on a quarterly basis.
- Originality and relevance to the fundraising profession
- New approaches to current and emerging issues
- Significance and depth of content
- Demonstrated knowledge and overall expertise of contributor
- Diversity of contributor/s background, experiences, perspective and ideas.
Selected Presenter Details
- AFP will send an acceptance e-mail each quarter.
- Presenters must confirm acceptance, schedule a mutually agreed upon presentation date between December and March 2023, and provide their headshot photo.
- Presenters will be assigned a room host to introduce them, read a short bio and assist with any special requests such as break out rooms, Q&A, moderating, polls etc.
- Presenters will be provided ZOOM login details one week prior to their session date along with contact information for their room host.
- Presenters are required to log into ZOOM 15 minutes prior to their session start time to test audio and visual.
- Presenters are expected to promote their session on LinkedIn and other social media platforms with the event registration link (to be provided by AFP).
- Presenters must provide presentation slides and handouts at least 3 weeks in advance of their confirmed session date.
If you prefer to download submission forms, please use these links to access each form and make your final submission.
Questions?Please contact Chapter Manager, Christe Konopitski, via email at Director@afpglv.org with any questions or concerns. We are grateful for your interest in presenting and sharing your expertise with our Chapter and community.