AFP Central PA would like to thank CFRE for partnering with us to bring the Young to Fundraising? Supercharge your Career Path! Series.
This was open to all young professionals, young IN the profession (fundraisers who are entering the profession as a second career), and anyone looking to learn more about non-profit fundraising. This free webinar series, you got actionable advice on steps you should take to build your career.
Want to see what you missed? These sessions were recorded! Send an email to Christie Twentier, Chapter Administrator to get the link to watch one, two, or all FOUR of them!
Session 1: How do I build a strong resume? With Barb Taylor, CFRE
Will be available to watch the recorded session shortly.
Barb is retired after 30 years of success leading teams to raise substantial philanthropic revenue in support of multiple organizations and missions. In 2017, she was recognized as AFP Central PA Fundraising Professional of the Year. She currently coaches, mentors, and advises individuals seeking guidance in successful fundraising policy, processes, ethics, relationship building, and best practices in raising philanthropic dollars.
In this session Barb will discuss the following:
- What opportunities should you seek out to build a strong skill set?
- How do you talk about those experiences on your resume to stand out?
- If you’re comfortable, bring your resume to this session and we’ll work together to strengthen it.
Session 2: How do I become a fundraising executive? With Molly Helmstetter, CFRE
Molly is a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) with more than two decades of service as a development professional in the nonprofit sector. For the last eleven years, she's served as director of development at New Hope Ministries. She is the current president of the AFP Central PA Chapter.
In this session Molly will discuss the following:
- You got your first fundraising job. Great! How can you continue to grow, building skills to be a successful fundraising executive?
- What professional development resources are available to help you grow?
- What is the CFRE credential? How do you become a CFRE, and how would it take your career to the next level?
Session 3: How do I become a nonprofit leader? With Anne Bahn
Anne is President and CEO of Byrnes Health Education Center. Previously, she served as a fundraiser for the Byrnes Health Education Center and York Catholic High School.
In this session Anne will discuss the following:
- Fundraising can launch you into a career as a nonprofit leader. Attend to learn how to your fundraising skills are transferable to a wide variety of nonprofit careers.
Session 4: Fundraising Q&A with Lyndsey Mackie and Katie Zimmerman
Lyndsey is the Director of Development at the Byrnes Health Education Center. She has been in the nonprofit sector for 7 years, creating large scale strategic partnerships in central Pennsylvania. She has been a dedicated professional fundraiser for 2 years
Katie is the Foundation Partnerships and Grants Manager at Central Pennsylvania Food Bank and has served as the AFP Central Pennsylvania Young Professionals Chair since 2018. She has been a professional fundraiser for 5 years.