AFP Oregon & SW Washington Chapter Diversity and Inclusion Plan (2019-2020) read here...
Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Diversity Resources
Diversity is the seeking and achieving of a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions and cultures. Inclusiveness is an essential source of vitality and strength for the effective pursuit of an organization's mission.
In order to access some services, you may need to log in as a member:
- Diversity Essays: Under the Resource Center section of the website, you can find essays on reaching donors in different communities including gay and lesbian, African-American, Cuban American, Jewish, Latino, Native American, Islamic and Asian donors. Additional topics may be covered in the new Information Exchange.
- Kaleidoscope: Past issues of the e-newsletter that promotes diversity to donors, board, and fundraisers.
- Te Informa: Past issues of AFP’s Spanish language e-newsletter
- Chapter Diversity Resource Guide
Diversity Discussion Lists: AFP facilitates discussion among affinity groups within AFP’s broader communities. Currently there are seven existing discussion groups:
- African-American Community of Fundraising Professionals
- Asian Community of Fundraising Professionals
- Faith-based Community of Fundraising Professional
- GLBT Community of Fundraising Professionals (this group also has a subwebsite on the AFP website)
- Hispanic Community of Fundraising Professionals
- Jewish Community of Fundraising Professionals
- Rural Community of Fundraising Professionals
Members can sign up for the discussion lists on the AFP website. Those interested in forming a new discussion list can contact Lori Gusdorf (email@example.com) to begin a petition for formation of a discussion list. Three members must make the initial request and then obtain written interest from 20 members.
Programming at International Conference
- Affinity Networking Sessions
- Diversity Workshop
- Targeted Fundraising Track
- Art Diversity Showcase
- Diverse Communities Reception
Friends of Diversity Designation: Recognizes chapters making movement toward diversity and inclusion. This designation must be renewed annually.
Charles R. Stephens Excellence in Diversity Award: Recognizes a chapter that has excelled in promoting diversity and inclusion within its chapter.
Association of Fundraising Professionals
Oregon & SW Washington Chapter
WHEREAS the mission of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) of Oregon and Southwest Washington Chapter is to advance philanthropy and ethical fundraising; and,
WHEREAS this AFP Chapter advances philanthropy and ethical fundraising by educating, facilitating certification, advocating, mentoring, and honoring and recognizing; and,
WHEREAS this AFP Chapter identified nurturing and supporting diverse ideas as one of its key values; and
WHEREAS this AFP Chapter affirms the AFP definition of diversity as the seeking and achieving of a broad representation of experiences, perspectives, opinions and cultures; and,
WHEREAS this AFP Chapter also values inclusiveness as an essential source of vitality and strength for the effective pursuit of an organization’s mission;
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED THAT AFP OF OREGON AND SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON CHAPTER is committed to diversity as an ongoing proactive process in its governance, committees, membership, programs and activities.
Adopted November 19, 2008