The IDEA committee is proud to offer scholarships to support its members in CFRE Certification! In an effort to increase accessibility for all fundraisers no matter of socio-economic status, organization size, or any other barrier, we are providing scholarships for CFRE Certification, Recertification, and Exam retake. Members are welcome to apply for each category once per year and are eligible for funding in all three categories. Once a member is awarded in all three award categories they are ineligible for additional award funding.
- Member of AFP – GDC at least 6 consecutive months
- A minimum of 5 years fundraising experience or a degree or certificate in philanthropy or related course of study (CFRE requirement)
- Exhibit readiness to sit for CFRE exam (for initial certification)
- Upholds the standards of AFP’s guiding principles
- Must exhibit the standards of AFP’s IDEA Statement of Principles
- Must read and agree to the Donor Bill of Rights
- Must submit scholarship application at least 30 days before CFRE exam deadline
*Financial need is not required, but will be considered during selection.
- Application Form
- Personal Statement (In 500 words or less please describe your why for obtaining CFRE Certification, your 3-5 year career goals, how this funding will help, and how you exhibit IDEA Statement of Principles)
Policies and Procedures
Once selected, a check will be sent to CFRE on your behalf to cover costs. Awardees are responsible for fees not covered by the scholarship such as application fee. Please note: if you are unable to pay the application fee, there may be assistance available and will be determined on a case by case basis.
Applications are accepted throughout the year with a rolling deadline to accommodate CFRE testing dates. Please note, we will need ample time to review scholarship applications and if selected, processing time to submit payment to CFRE.