Diversity Committee – Lupita Garza, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible to promote diversity--encompassing gender, religion, ethnicity, age, geography, abilities, sexual orientation, professional experience and income—within AFP-GLAC membership, board leadership, program presenters, independent contractors and program content.
- Plan a diversity-strengthening chapter activity
- Invite diverse guests to check out AFP-GLAC
- Advise GLAC leadership how to incorporate diversity into all program activities.
Membership Committee – Patricia Ostiller, P.Ostiller@cscpasadena.org
Responsible to increase and strengthen membership of the Greater Los Angeles Chapter.
- Send monthly emails to new members, renewing members, lapsed members and about to lapse members
- Make phone calls to welcome new members
- Assist at membership table during monthly meetings
- Send emails to prospective members with information about joining AFP
- Assist in leading Member Benefit Workshop
- Answer questions for new members
- Help plan annual mixer for new members and/or lapsed members
Philanthropy and Volunteers Committee – Amanda Green, email@example.com
Responsible to promote volunteer involvement and financial donations, and scholarships. Raise funds for the AFP International “Be the Cause” campaign and the AFP-GLAC Chapter Fund.
- Encourage donations - write e-mail reminders to give to Be the Cause and Chapter Fund
- Donor recognition and stewardship
- Ask key donors for their gifts
- Monthly newsletter article
- Draft eblasts regarding Be the Cause and Chapter Fund
- Assist at Philanthopy & Volunteer table at quarterly seminars
- Update volunteer opportunities listing and volunteer interest form
Communications Committee – John Fasano, firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for all chapter communications including monthly newsletters and special announcements.
- Social media management (Facebook & LinkedIn)
- Assist with writing and proofing monthly newsletters and other announcements
- Manage communications calendar
Regional Philanthropy Conference –Julia Scheibmeir, email@example.com
Responsible to plan and execute a popular day-long educational conference. Event planned for Thursday, November 7, 2018 at the JW Marriott with National Philanthropy Day Celebration over lunch.
- Recruit speakers for Breakout Sessions
- Solicit sponsors and exhibitors
- Registration and Logistics
- Monitor/Support Sessions
Partners in Philanthropy (PIP!) Committee – Elizabeth Birlet, Elizabeth.Birlet@cshs.org
Responsible to raise funds supporting AFP-GLAC from sponsors who wish to promote their services at AFP meetings, conferences and events.
- Identify vendors, foundations or other organizations who do business with AFP members
- Maintain and update the PIP Sponsorship Tracking Document
- Contact assigned sponsorship prospects.
- Contact and work with prospects to secure mutually beneficial sponsorships
- Follow through on payments received and benefits fulfilled
- Sent thank-you letters to sponsors
Young Professionals Committee – Stacey Capoot, Stacey.Capoot@pp-la.com
Responsible to organize events and other programming to meet the needs of newer professionals in the fundraising industry.
- Greet and welcome attendees at YP events
- Invite new members to participate (phone or e-mail)
- Plan 2-3 events for young/new professionals per year
- Arrange guest speakers
- Photography and Social media
Responsible to assisting with event day activities. Volunteers may sign up for one, or multiple opportunities. Please note, you must be registered for an event in order to volunteer.
- Greet and welcome attendees
- Assist at registration (check in, name tags, parking validation)
- Ensure guests are informed of timing, seminar locations, etc.
- August 23 - Advanced Forum (1 registration, 1 photographer)
- September 11 – Seminar & Luncheon (3 registration, 1 photographer)
- November 7 – National Philanthropy Day & Conference
- 5 volunteers for Exhibitor and Sponsor Greeting
- 5 volunteers for registration and general event help
- 5 volunteers for room monitoring
- December 13 – Holiday Luncheon (2 registration, 1 photographer)
These committee leaders listed are eager to hear from you!
For additional information, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Katie McDonald, Associate Director of Individual Giving, Five Acres – 626.773.3750 or KMcDonald@5acres.org