Committee Volunteer Opportunities for AFP-GLAC Members
IDEA / Diversity Committee – Yvette Herrera, firstname.lastname@example.org
In alignment with AFP IDEA (Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, & Access), the Diversity Committee is responsible for promoting diversity – encompassing gender, religion, ethnicity, age, geography, abilities, sexual orientation, professional experience, and income – within AFP-GLAC membership, board leadership, program presenters, independent contractors, and education programming.
- Plan a diversity-strengthening chapter activity.
- Invite diverse guests to learn more about AFP-GLAC and attend events and meetings.
- Advise GLAC leadership how to incorporate diversity into all program activities.
- Support the committee’s efforts at AFP-GLAC events and meetings as needed.
Membership Committee – VP, Patricia Ostiller, JD, P.Ostiller@cscpasadena.org
The Membership Committee is responsible for increasing and strengthening membership of the Greater Los Angeles Chapter.
- Send monthly emails to new members, renewing members, lapsed members, and members on the cusp of lapsing.
- Make phone calls to welcome new members.
- Assist at membership table during monthly meetings.
- Send emails to prospective members with information about joining AFP.
- Assist in leading Member Benefits Workshop.
- Answer questions for new members or direct them to the correct resource or contact.
- Help plan annual mixer for new members and/or lapsed members.
Philanthropy & Volunteers Committee – VP, Katie McDonald, email@example.com
The Philanthropy and Volunteers Committee is responsible for promoting volunteer involvement of members and raising dollars for the AFP-GLAC Chapter Fund and the AFP International Be-the-Cause Campaign. This committee also oversees chapter scholarships.
- Encourage donations by AFP-GLAC members through emails and phone calls.
- Donor recognition and stewardship efforts digitally and at chapter events.
- Drafting newsletter content and e-blasts regarding Be the Cause and the Chapter Fund.
- Connect volunteers with opportunities with different committees and events.
- Update volunteer opportunities as needed.
Communications Committee – VP, Elizabeth Birlet, Elizabeth.Birlet@cshs.org
The Communications Committee is responsible for all chapter communications including monthly newsletters, e-blasts, social media, and special announcements.
- Social media management (Facebook & LinkedIn)
- Assist with writing and proofing monthly newsletters and other e-communications.
- Manage communications calendar.
Partners in Philanthropy (PIP) Committee – Jennifer Ellspermann, firstname.lastname@example.org
The PIP Committee is responsible for raising funds through sponsorships from individuals or businesses interested in promoting their services at AFP meetings, conferences, and events.
- Identify vendors, foundations, or other organizations who do business with AFP members
- Maintain and update the PIP Sponsorship Tracking Document.
- Contact assigned sponsorship prospects.
- Contact and work with prospects to secure mutually beneficial sponsorships.
- Follow through on payments receive and benefits fulfilled.
- Send thank-you letters to sponsors.
Young Professionals Committee – Julia Scheibmeir, Julia.Scheibmeir@usc.edu
The Young Professionals Committee is responsible for organizing events and other programming to meet the needs of the newer professionals in the fundraising industry and the chapter’s Young Professional members.
- Greet and welcome attendees at YP events
- Invite new members to participate by phone or e-mail
- Assist in planning 2-3 educational events for young/new professionals per year.
- Arrange guest speakers for events.
- Photography and social media.
Regional Philanthropy Conference Committee – Andrea Salazar, email@example.com
The Regional Philanthropy Conference Committee is responsible for planning and executing the Chapter’s annual day-long educational conference and the National Philanthropy Day Luncheon celebration.
- Recruit speakers for breakout sessions
- Solicit sponsors and exhibitors
- Registration and day-of logistics
- Room monitor and support breakout sessions
- Determine awardees for National Philanthropy Day Luncheon celebration
Event & Meeting Volunteer Opportunities for AFP-GLAC Members
Event volunteers are responsible for assisting with event day logistics and support for chapter meetings, forums, and other events. Volunteers may sign up for one or multiple opportunities. Please note, you must be registered for the event you wish to volunteer for.
- Greet and welcome attendees
- Assist at registration (check-in, nametags, parking validation, etc.)
- Ensure guests are informed of timing, seminar locations, or any outstanding questions guests may have.
- Helping with any exhibitor needs.
If you are interested in volunteering at one of our events or have any questions regarding volunteering with AFP-GLAC, please contact:
Katie McDonald, VP of Philanthropy & Volunteers
(626) 773-3750 or firstname.lastname@example.org