Membership Committee – VP, Melanie Elliott, MFA, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Committee is responsible for increasing and strengthening membership of the Greater Los Angeles Chapter.
- Send monthly emails to new members, renewing members, lapsed members, and members on the cusp of lapsing.
- Make phone calls to welcome new members.
- Assist at the membership table during monthly meetings. Answer questions for new members or direct them to the correct resource or contact.
- Send emails to prospective members with information about joining AFP.
- Assist in writing Member Spotlights that will appear in our chapter newsletter.
Education Committee - VP, Andrea Salazar, email@example.com
Providing educational opportunities is one of the primary services that AFP provides to its members. Play an important role by helping to develop workshop and luncheon topics and securing speakers. We are seeking a wide variety of perspectives to ensure we are meeting the diverse needs of our membership.
Here are two more ways you can help:
- Suggest attractive venues where we can hold AFP Young Professionals events for low or no cost. This might be your own non-profit facility or perhaps the office of one of your volunteers or donors. Please remember to factor in affordable parking and handicapped accessibility.
- Suggest (and possibly help secure) an education sponsor to underwrite the cost of AFP workshops or luncheons (or series)
- Photographers wanted for our events too.
Partners in Philanthropy (PIP) Committee – Chair, Lupita Garza, CFRE, firstname.lastname@example.org
The PIP Committee is responsible for raising funds through sponsorships from individuals or businesses interested in promoting their services through AFP advertising opportunities and events.
- Identify sponsorship prospects (e.g. vendors, foundations, and organizations) connected to AFP members
- Contact assigned sponsorship prospects to secure mutually beneficial sponsorships
- Maintain and update the PIP Sponsorship Tracking Document
- Follow through on payments received and benefits fulfilled
Ethics Committee – Chair, Barbara Bushnell, CFRE, email@example.com
The Ethics Committee is responsible for the planning and execution of the annual Ethics Breakfast, scheduled for October 5, 2021 at The Cathedral. The committee will determine the program, panel or speaker and work to publicize this free event to the chapter’s members. In addition, the committee will develop an on-going ethics education program that will be a part of regular chapter communications.
- Event planning
- Speaker or Panel recruitment
- Event Publicity
- Development of regular Ethics Education Communication
2021 NATIONAL PHILANTHROPY DAY CONFERENCE & AWARDS LUNCHEON
The dynamic committee members of National Philanthropy Day and Awards Luncheon work behind the scenes to put together an all-day event that promotes education and celebration of philanthropy in Greater Los Angeles and surrounding communities.
This is the perfect committee for you to join no matter where you are in your fundraising career. A great opportunity for someone who is interested in gaining fundraising event planning experience and wants to build a supportive professional network along the way.
Volunteer Roles & Job Descriptions
Committee Member – Session Development/Planning
Help with the conference component of our event by developing educational tracks/sessions, as well as seek out potential speakers. Develop post-event survey to collect feedback from attendees and provide feedback to participating speakers. Help secure speakers, sponsors and attendees throughout the year.
Committee Member - National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon
Calling all event planners! National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon volunteers will help with the nomination and application process nominees prior to our celebration lunch. Printing materials are ready for printing; and help with the planning of the luncheon logistics with the support of BDI Events. The day of the event, these committee members will help welcome honorees and their guest to ensure they feel special and welcome. Help secure speakers, sponsors and attendees throughout the year.
NPDCAL Day-of-Event Volunteer
- Registration (2) – Help at registration before breakfast & lunch. Welcome attendees.
- Session (4-8) - Assist speakers at assigned/selected session to ensure they have a smooth presentation. Collect Surveys after the session is done.
- Directional (4) – help attendees find registration area, lunch reception, and or Sessions/rooms throughout the day.
Please contact Nicole Capossela at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved or for more information.