National Philanthropy Day in Victoria will take place on November 16, 2018
National Philanthropy Day is an event started by the Association of Fundraising Professionals in 1986. National Philanthropy Day (NPD) is celebrated around the world as a day to recognize the work of charities and remember the extraordinary achievements that philanthropy-giving, volunteering and social engagement-has made in all aspects of life. In Canada, NPD is recognized on November 15 as a national day.
In Victoria, we will celebrate NPD with a number of events, including the NPD reception and awards ceremony on November 16th at the Victoria Conference Centre. In addition, NPD will include a Master Session for fundraising professionals and a youth session called the Agents of Change.
The National Philanthropy Day Awards Ceremony acknowledges the dedication and passion of finalists in the following categories:
- Generosity of Spirit Award, sponsored by The United Way of Greater Victoria
- Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer Award, sponsorship available
- Outstanding Philanthropic Service Club Award sponsored by Camosun College
- Corporate Responsibility Award, sponsored by the University of Victoria
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (5-10 years old), sponsored by the Children’s Health Foundation of Vancouver Island
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy (11 - 18 years old), sponsored by TELUS
To nominate a candidate for the 2018 National Philanthropy Day Awards, please CLICK HERE.
To learn more about our awards criteria, please CLICK HERE.
Event Details for NPD
Where: The Victoria Conference Centre
When: Wednesday, November 16, 2018 from 4:00 - 6:30 pm
What: Cocktail reception to honour the nominees and announce the winners in each of the six award categories.