Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Pacific Lutheran University
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving works with the Director to implement a comprehensive multifaceted Annual Giving program across direct mail, email, phone, giving days, crowdfunding, and social media. The Assistant Director implements annual giving communications, tracks and analyzes communications and efforts, and leads the crowdfunding program, identifying creative strategies to increase PLU Fund participation, retention, revenue, and stewardship. The strength of the Annual Giving program is integral to increasing and diversifying both unrestricted and restricted philanthropic giving by engaging constituents in support of multiple areas across the university. The Assistant Director reports to the Director of Annual Giving.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for all Annual Giving communications, including writing, editing, and overall project management related to direct mail, email, phone, giving days, stewardship, and impact reports.
- Monitor and track all appeal and stewardship communications results and routinely provide summary and detail reports and analysis by and across channels.
- Manage the crowdfunding program, including actively liaising with cross campus partners to recruit and coordinate crowdfunding campaigns.
- Establish standard operating procedures and systems to achieve crowdfunding revenue targets and follow through on stewardship and re-solicitation plan for all crowdfunding donors.
- Conduct routine audits, analysis, and updates of annual giving web pages, gift forms, gift receipts and gift confirmation pages for ease of use, improving online giving conversion and bounce rates.
- Manage production of PLU Fund marketing collateral for flagship annual events (giving days, match solicitations, etc.) and face-to-face visits.
- Manage PLU Alumni and Friends social media accounts, social media strategy and Advancement social media working group, collaborating with other social media managers across campus, and leverage platform as tool for engagement.
- Identify and recruit social media volunteers; provide volunteers tools for effective engagement.
- Serve as primary liaison with Constituent Communications Manager and Marketing & Communications on Annual Giving.
- Provide general support of PLU Fund strategies, including Annual Giving projects for Advancement student workers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with ability to adapt writing to a variety of platforms and audiences. Some understanding of fundraising-specific communications.
- Strong organization skills and highly detail oriented.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to plan data collection that can inform actions, collect and organize data, synthesize findings, and make data-informed recommendations.
- Ability to identify and oversee professional and engaging graphic design.
- Skills in fundraising, volunteer management, and marketing with a strong emphasis on communication.
- Creative and goal-oriented with the ability to work independently and in collaboration.
- Appreciation for private liberal arts education and the mission of PLU.
- Strong computer skills including websites, Google Docs, Microsoft Office products, social media, mobile devices, reporting software, databases, etc.
Access full details and apply at https://employment.plu.edu/postings/5060