Colgate University is preparing to launch an historically significant capital campaign coinciding with the celebration of the University's bicentennial.
The Major Gifts Officer, Parent Giving position is responsible for increasing levels of annual and long-term giving of parents (gifts of $20,000+ annually), and working with other gift officers to secure parent support.
Accountable for effectively developing and maintaining relationships with key parents as assigned. Ensures effective qualification, cultivation, and stewardship of parent/grandparent major gift donors and prospects.
Responsible for effective management of fundraising projects. Accountable for positively representing all aspects of the university at all times.
A bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable skills have been acquired is required.
- Must possess strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced organization and work effectively with staff, parents, administrators, faculty, alumni, and board members is essential.
- Enthusiastic commitment to advancing the university's mission and its ambitious fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated experience in team building and project management.
- Experience in private college advancement is highly desirable with preference to those with proven track record of closing major gifts from parent and alumni constituencies.
- A minimum of three years of fundraising in private college advancement is highly desirable.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fg6kvng6q2j7yvdc