AFP Ottawa Chapter is proud to offer the Chamberlain Scholarship Program for the AFP International Conference on Fundraising. This program is designed to help individuals serving non-profit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising.
The AFP Chamberlain Scholarship will cover the registration fee for the AFP 56th International Conference on Fundraising in San Antonio, Tx., March 31 - April 2, 2019.
In addition, AFP Ottawa Chapter will award $1000 to the recipient.
The successful applicant or their organization will be responsible for their airfare and accommodation to attend the conference in 2019.
Chapters will select their Chamberlain Scholar based on the following criteria, which are established by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP (or NSFRE) International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless a member of the Conference Host Committee).
- Candidate agrees to complete a post-conference online evaluation regarding his or her experience for the Scholarship Committee.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
In addition to this criteria, AFP Ottawa criteria include:
The Ottawa Chapter invites members and non-members to apply.
- Candidate has never received a bursary/scholarship of any kind to attend AFP International Conference on Fundraising in the past from AFP (including chapters/national or international)
- Candidate agrees to write about their conference experience as the Bursary recipient which will be shared in the AFP Ottawa chapter communication networks (enews, website, social media etc).
Chamberlain Scholarship application form (PDF)