Development Executive Assistant - Boys & Girls Clubs of Yellowstone County
Provide executive support to the Vice President of Donor Advancement & Marketing, Vice President Donor Engagement, President & CEO, and Club volunteers, as necessary. Responsible for assisting with targeted fundraising campaigns, preparing correspondence and reports, maintaining database, managing administrative and operational systems and reconciling accounts.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Support key strategic initiatives including planning and implementation of annual and endowment fundraising campaigns and efforts.
- Ensure appropriate donation receipts and recognition are generated in a timely manner as well as other donor acknowledgement activities (birthday cards, holiday cards, etc.).
- Maintenance of electronic and hard copy file systems (donor database, donor notes and other tracking systems), making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Prepare spreadsheets for special event donations and various mail appeals.
- Manage and maintain master schedule of Club Development activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to Club Staff and Board volunteers as well as Endowment Board members.
- Drive visibility of Club programs, services, activities and special events through appropriate media channels. Assist in preparing and distributing newsletter articles, community bulletins, social media posts and press releases.
- Provide executive support including preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor and composing draft correspondence following established formats. Proofread all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Manage outgoing mail and other communication including facsimiles and telephone calls, provide general information, refer callers to other staff or take messages as appropriate. Perform other related administrative duties as requested.
- May be responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities and contacting service representatives as needed.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with members, families, volunteers, community groups and the general public to give and obtain information, either in response to inquiries or as instructed by supervisor.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of one year’s work experience in non-profit agency, specifically in the fun-raising field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, volunteers, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Strong customer relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- The ideal candidate will at all times be professional and trustworthy and will always exercise good judgment. Will have a proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Training in administrative support skills and use of common office equipment including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Please evaluate and describe any physical skills, abilities or working conditions that are required to perform the essential duties of this position, as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Salary Range: $31,000 - $35,000
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit cover letter with resume to Kowen@bgcyellowstone.org