October 27, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Thank you for joining the Association of Fundraising Professionals Greater Detroit Chapter at the 2022 National Philanthropy Day Roundtable Breakfast!
at the Durfee Innovation Society at Life Remodeled, 2470 Collingwood St., Detroit, MI 48206
National Philanthropy Day Roundtable Breakfast ProgramNPD Roundtable Breakfast PhotosAs part of the 2022 National Philanthropy Day celebration, you are invited to attend a special conversation and networking event, a Philanthropy Roundtable Breakfast on October 27 at the Durfee Innovation Society at Life Remodeled. The series of roundtables will include some of Detroit’s top philanthropy leaders, how philanthropy is changing, and highlight the impact of philanthropy on our community.
Schedule:8:00 AM - 9:00 AMCoffee and Networking Reception with National Philanthropy Day Honorees and Detroit philanthropy leaders9:00 AM - 10:00 AMWelcome and Roundtable 1: The Changing Role of Philanthropy in Greater Detroit
- Shawn Wilson, President and CEO of the Boys and Girls Club of Southeast Michigan
10:00 AM - 11:00 AMRoundtable 2: The Impact of Philanthropy: A Detroit Perspective
- Laura Grannemann, Vice President, Strategic Investments, Rocket Community Fund
- Angelique Power, President and CEO, The Skillman Foundation
- Terry Rhadigan, Vice President of Corporate Giving, General Motors
- Dawn Lyman, Senior Foundation Manager, Barton Malow Foundation
- Wendy Batiste-Johnson, Trustee, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan
- Portia Roberson, President and CEO of Focus: HOPE
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMRoundtable 3: How IDEA Impacts Donor and Staff Retention: Creating a Company Culture that Maximizes Return
- Lynette Dowler, President, DTE Energy Foundation
- Carmen Argersinger, Manager of Strategic Partnerships, Delta Dental
- Tawnya Rose, Vice President, Community and Economic Development, Fifth Third Bank
- Peter Remington, Founder and CEO, The Remington Group
- Carla Young, Director of Community & Multicultural Programs, Cranbrook Educational Communities
- Dustin McClellan, Founder/CEO, Pontiac Community Foundation
- Melissa Peña, Executive Director, Talent, Culture and Operations, The Detroit Institute of Arts
- Tanya Griffith, Director of Corporate Relations & Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Partnerships, Oakland University
- Regina Sharma, Development Director, Detroit Justice Center
Registration for the Roundtable Breakfast is closed. *Profits will be used to support education programs for fundraisers and other non-profit professionals. Interested in attending but unable to pay the fee? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.