Title: Development, Marketing & Communications Director
Reports To: Executive Director
Who We Are
The Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization with a mission to ensure that every child has access to Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) in their classrooms and to help facilitate this teaching within their families, schools and communities. Social and Emotional Learning is the process through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills necessary to understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. We are not born with these skills, they must be taught. The Choose Love Enrichment Program does just that and is provided to schools at no cost, thanks to generous donors who believe in the mission of the movement.
The Choose Love Enrichment Program is a Pre-K through 12th grade SEL program that teaches educators and their students how to choose love in any circumstance and helps them become connected, resilient, and empowered individuals. These skills, tools and attitudes have been proven through decades of scientific research to be the best way to ensure a healthy, meaningful and purpose-filled life.
The Development, Marketing & Communications Director will be responsible for leading, planning and evaluating all aspects of the organization’s fundraising programs and marketing and communications efforts. Significant focus will be on meeting or exceeding revenue goals as identified in Choose Love’s 3-year strategic plan while leading, planning and evaluating the marketing and communications strategy.
The successful candidate for this position will be held accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Direct oversight and evaluation of all aspects of key events including marketing and logistics. Coordinates with event committees to ensure financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Leads organization efforts to increases non-special event funding through corporate, individual, foundation and planned giving efforts through effective case statements and charitable giving products.
- Coordinates with Executive Director on donor engagement and stewardship.
- Ensures alignment between development activities and other organization goals, including strategic planning goals, communication plans, and goals related to programs that serve to advance the Choose Love mission.
- Manage department budget process, including all event budgets, and create appropriate reports.
- Actively participate and collaborate with the Executive Management Team and board committees.
- Maintain a polished professional demeanor, excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with all staff, Board members, donors, private corporations and/or public offices. Excellent organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Oversee content creation, creative production and distribution of external emails and newsletters.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve organizational visibility.
- Manage social media profiles including creation of regular content.
- Maintain organization website with relevant and updated content.
- Write program brochures and relevant collateral materials.
- Manage third party contractors or vendors, as necessary.
- Relevant college degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience in fundraising, marketing and communications leadership roles - non-profit preferred.
- Documented track record of fundraising success, including corporate, individual, peer to peer, and foundations.
- Skilled communicator, with superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals.
- Commitment to accuracy, excellent attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up. Impeccable spelling, grammar, punctuation skills.
- Strong technology skills, especially internet, MS Office, and database experience.
- High degree of initiative, self-motivated, resourceful.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team with a range of people including, but not limited to the Board of Directors, volunteers, and staff.
- Ability to work under and comply with continuous & multiple deadlines and evolving priorities.
What We Offer
JLCLM offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
Please send qualified applications only to Brian@JesseLewisChooseLove.org
We will respond to those selected for an interview as quickly as possible.