Message Image  

About Our Chapter

The AFP Eastern Oklahoma Chapter is a leading professional association for fundraising executives who work for nonprofit and philanthropic organizations.  

As one of two chapters in the state, AFP Eastern Oklahoma is 140 members strong. It is an active and engaged professional development group for fundraising and nonprofit leaders. The chapter provides monthly programs and luncheons, webinars, and conferences with valuable training and networking opportunities.

It has been recognized as a Ten Star Chapter for four consecutive years by the international Association of Fundraising Professionals. This recognition is based on the quality and breadth of its services and educational training. Members of the chapter include fundraisers, executive directors, funding organization representatives, communications/marketing managers, and fundraising consultants, representing 140 nonprofit organizations. Twenty-three of the chapter’s members hold the Certified Fund Raising Executive® (CFRE) designation.

Dues are $50. For more information, contact Ashley Jacobs, Chapter Administrator.

Chapter Meeting Information & Membership Benefits

Networking - Generally, monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month except July and November. Meetings offer members an excellent opportunity to meet other development professionals representing the diverse fundraising community in northeastern Oklahoma. Meetings are held at the Legacy Plaza, 5330 E 31st St. Tulsa, OK 74135, from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Non-members are encouraged to attend.

Volunteering - The AFP Eastern Oklahoma Chapter has a wonderful core of volunteers. We invite you to become an active participant in the chapter as a volunteer. Events such as National Philanthropy Day, annual conference and special educational opportunities are dependent on a solid core of volunteers and committee chairs.

Education - Monthly meetings offer a variety of fundraising topics provided by area and national presenters. Webinars sponsored by AFP International feature nationally recognized fundraising experts.

Education Conference (National Philanthropy Day®)- Offered yearly in November, the conference provides educational sessions on a variety of fundraising topics.

Sign up for our Monthly Newsletter to stay connected with what is happening within our chapter.

Job opportunities listed on the website Post open positions ($50 - members or $100 non-members).

Discounts - Membership entitles you to discounted registration fees to monthly meetings ($25 - members & $30- non-members) AFP chapter events and educational webinars (FREE - members & $20 - non-members).

Not a member? Join today!

Resources - In addition to the AFP Fundraising Resource Center, the Tulsa City-County Library houses a nonprofit resource library at their downtown Tulsa location The Foundation Center.

Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) - study groups and certification testing preparation are offered periodically.

Scholarships - The chapter is able to offer a limited number of scholarships for the following programs:
    - Membership
    - Educational Conference
    - AFP International Conference
Email the Chapter Administrator to inquire about scholarship opportunities and how to apply here.

Annual Pass

In December to January of each year a lunch pass is available to purchase. You save on the price of one meeting by buying in bulk!

How it works: Each month you'll receive emails about the upcoming luncheon
After the first email the chapter admin. will register you for the luncheon, saving you time. You get a confirmation email. 

Lunch Pass Q & A

Do I need to register myself? No; we've got you covered. We will register you.

Can I send someone in my place? Sorry, the pass is non-transferable. 

What if I can't come to a meeting? If you can not make it to the meeting please let us know.