Check back often for other job listings in our area!
Director of Contract Compliance
Aging Matters in Brevard, Cocoa, FL
Looking to fulfill a purpose and make a difference in Brevard County? We have a perfect opportunity.
Aging Matters in Brevard, where integrity and fairness guide us in each action taken has an open position as Director of Contract Compliance.
Come onboard and join a team of passionate professionals seeking to develop innovative approaches to solving community problems through teamwork with staff, volunteers, and other community organizations.
The Director of Contract Compliance will launch new governmental contracts, complete documentation necessary for contract management and renewal, and oversee contract close-out. They will also coordinate the submission of performance reports, ensure funds are spent according to funder requirements, communicate relevant rules, regulations, and contract requirements to managers, and liaise with program staff and external auditors.
Experience writing continuation applications and report narratives, researching data on compliance topic areas, supporting programs providing senior services, navigating compliance with state and federal funder requirements, and providing oversight in the development and management of complex budgets would help ensure success in this role. Comfort working as part of cross-sectional teams, in an environment that changes frequently in response to new initiatives, is essential.
Our ideal candidate is flexible, well organized and detail oriented, a team player with excellent communication, initiative, tenacity, resourcefulness and follow through, and a creative and critical thinker who enjoys a challenge.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages Contracts Compliance, including budget oversight, and development, documentation and implementation of Grants & Contract Compliance procedures.
- Interprets and communicates contract regulations and guidelines.
- Develops and implements system for recording compliance information related to agency contracts, disseminating to program staff at initiation of new contract year, and monitoring and communicating changes as they occur.
- Establishes systems and schedules for conducting internal programmatic reviews of activities and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Provides direct oversight and management of multiple local, state and federal governmental contracts.
- Negotiates awards, no-cost extensions, carry-over of funds, and other project modifications.
- Prepares and submits continuation grant funding applications, including project narratives and budget, to Aging Matters in Brevard funding sources.
- Assists Program Directors in contract maintenance activities including account set-up, monitoring budget and expenditures, budget revision and close-out of accounts; develops and reviews contract budgets and budget amendments in accordance with grant and contract guidelines.
- Develops and maintains sub recipient agreements as needed. Coordinates with Program Directors and Finance staff in programmatic and financial audits of sub recipients on an annual basis, monitors performance, and outlines corrective action plans when necessary to ensure compliance with funder requirements.
- Provides guidance to management and staff in determining allowable expenditures as necessary.
- Coordinates communication between stakeholders throughout grant cycle to ensure quality and accountability.
- Works with Program Directors and Finance department to ensure the timely and accurate submission of required reports.
- Coordinates with appropriate staff to ensure that information and documentation is provided as requested during contract audits, desk reviews, site visits and other monitoring activities, and that appropriate action is taken in response to audit findings.
- Participates in long and short-term planning of Agency goals and objectives.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree behavior or social sciences, finance, business, or related administrative field
- Requires 5 years of relevant experience; or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred experience with the management of federal contract requirements for services funded through (OAA) Older Americans Act.
- Preferred experience with federal and state agencies that provide funding to support non-profit senior services.
- Preferred experience with key issue areas, such as aging, mental health, education, prevention, and workforce development.
- Preferred experience working a human services non-profit, either in direct service or administration.
Aging Matters in Brevard is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cross Sectional Teamwork: 5 years (Preferred)
- Budget Management: 5 years (Required)
- Professional Writing / Grants Application: 5 years (Required)
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Teresa Sykes, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com.