AFP Hampton Roads VA Chapter seeks engaging experts to share knowledge with local development professionals.
Proposals Due by September 7, 2018
The Association of Fundraising Professionals-Hampton Roads Chapter invites you to share your knowledge, ideas and experience in a 45-minute educational lunch or breakfast presentation followed by a brief Q&A.
Presenters will have an opportunity to present at the Virginia Beach and/or Hampton-Newport News locations.
Southside (Virginia Beach) Monthly Luncheon Programs (January-October): Attendance averages 50-70 development professionals at all levels of career experience. Networking begins at 11:30am, with the program starting at 12:00pm on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at the Town Center City Club in Virginia Beach, VA.
Peninsula (Hampton-Newport News) Quarterly Programs: Estimated attendance 10-25 development professionals at all levels of career experience. Time & venue: TBD
Topics should be in one the following 7 categories which correspond to domains on the CFRE exam, and AFP International priorities:
- Current & Prospective Donor Research
- Relationship Building
- Securing the Gift
- Volunteer Involvement
- Leadership & Management
- Ethics, Accountability & Professionalism
- Diversity & Inclusion
Your proposal should include:
- Name, contact information, and brief bio.
- Title & summary of the presentation, including the domain under which your presentation falls, and educational objectives for attendees. Preferred presentations include roundtable discussions, group exercises, and other interactive content beyond lecture.
- Target audience's experience level: beginner 0-5 years, intermediate 5-10 years., advanced 10+ years.
- List of any sessions presented previously for AFP, CASE or another organization, and ratings if available.
- If co-presenting, provide name, contact information, and bio for co-presenter.
- List of the top 3 preferred months or an indication that you are flexible regarding dates.
- Indicate your preference: Southside Luncheon, Peninsula Breakfast, or both.
- Email your presentation proposal by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 7, 2018 to: email@example.com
Please note: If speakers wish to make handouts available, they are responsible for providing copies of their handouts to all session attendees. Handouts may be emailed immediately after the session. Priority for consultants will be given to those who make an effort to co-present with at least one professional from the nonprofit sector.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please contact AFP Hampton Roads Chapter Administrator with questions.
Jan Dungan, Chapter Administrator
AFP-Hampton Roads VA Chapter
Phone: 757-274-6212; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org