For 50 years, AFP has been the standard-bearer for professionalism in fundraising. Learn more about AFP, its activities and people, and how you can be involved.
AFP Strategic Plan 2011-2013
AFP's 2011-2013 Strategic Plan places increased focus on developing skilled and prepared practitioners and creating positive member experiences that allow fundraisers to meet the current economic challenge. This focus is extremely important in that the economy is forcing individuals and organizations to look closely at their professional development budgets and determine how to use those limited funds most effectively. AFP must be committed to providing the strongest member value proposition possible, and the 2011-2013 plan acknowledges and supports this commitment.
AFP Mission, Vision and Quality Statements
As part of its long-range strategic plan, AFP developed new mission, vision, and quality statements.
AFP: An Investment in Your Future
In these challenging times, remember that you and your organization are not at the mercy of the economy. The decisions you make have more influence on your organization’s fundraising success than anything the economy might do.
Improving Yourself—And Your Profession—Through Community
A professional association like AFP isn’t just crucial to your own personal growth and success. Organizations, professions and all of society rely on the work and efforts of like-minded individuals united as one voice in a professional association.
AFP Fact Sheet
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals and organizations that generate philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable institutions. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its more than 31,000 members in 235 chapters throughout the world.
History of the Association of Fundraising Professionals
In 1960, three fundraisers met for lunch in New York City to discuss an idea they had been toying with for a while: creating an association for charitable fundraisers. Therein lies the beginning of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of those who use this website, or use related products and services.
Since 1960, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has inspired global change and supported efforts that generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members raise over $100 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the world.
For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpnet.org.
To advance its mission, AFP:
- Fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy;
- Establishes a code of ethics and professional practices;
- Requires member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices;
- Provides training opportunities for fundraising professionals;
- Implements programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership;
- Collects, researches, publishes, and disseminates historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Promotes public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Conducts activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy;
- Enlists, organizes, and supports members to achieve our purposes;
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide; Uses all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes; and Provides a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
To learn more about AFP International Fundraising Conference, click this link.