Nominations for any award must be submitted by a S.C. Lowcountry AFP member.
- The deadline for nominations is 6 p.m., EST, Monday, April 30, 2018.
- All nominations should be submitted electronically using the corresponding form (click award name for form) and following the instructions to email@example.com.
- Nominations MUST address all of the criteria and include at least two letters of support. Letters of support do not need to be submitted by a S.C. Lowcountry AFP Chapter Member. The Awards Committee places heavy emphasis on letters of support from a diverse range of nonprofit representatives. We encourage multiple organizations/members to work collaboratively on nominations.
- Prior nominations may be resubmitted.
- Supplemental video submission is also encouraged.
- Winners will be selected by the 2018 S.C. Lowcountry AFP National Philanthropy Day Awards Committee based on the nomination packets submitted.
- The Awards Committee will exercise discretion in awarding any or none of the below awards listed:
OUTSTANDING PHILANTHROPIST OF THE YEAR
This award is presented to an individual, couple or family with a record of generosity who, through exemplary leadership in the philanthropic community, has demonstrated civic and charitable responsibility and whose generosity encourages others to take philanthropic leadership roles.
OUTSTANDING BUSINESS/CORPORATION AWARD
This award is presented to a business or corporation that has demonstrated outstanding commitment through financial support and encouragement which motivates others to take leadership roles toward philanthropic and community involvement.
OUTSTANDING ORGANIZATION/FOUNDATION OF THE YEAR
This award honors a community organization or foundation that demonstrates outstanding commitment through financial support and encouragement, as well as motivating others to take leadership roles in philanthropy and community involvement.
OUTSTANDING YOUTH IN PHILANTHROPY AWARD
This award recognizes service by an individual or a group of youth age 10–22 who demonstrates outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support, development of charitable programs, volunteering and leadership in philanthropy. Nominees will be judged based on work done while they were 10–22 years old.
OUTSTANDING PROFESSIONAL FUNDRAISER AWARD
The Outstanding Professional Fundraiser award is presented to a Development professional who has at least 10 years of experience in the fundraising profession, who has exhibited excellence in the fundraising field, given back to the fundraising community through presentations, trainings or workshops, been a leader with an AFP Chapter, and made a difference in the fundraising profession through their outstanding contributions, leadership and example.