National Philanthropy Day® is a special day set aside to recognize the great contributions of philanthropy - and those people active in the philanthropic community - to the enrichment of our world.
The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals hope you will participate by NOMINATING local community business leaders to be honored at our celebration during the 2018 Capital Conference on Wednesday, September 26th. Nominations are sought in the categories of Philanthropist of the Year, Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year and Fundraising Professional of the Year. Nomination Deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
List of Previous Recipients
Philanthropist of the Year honors an individual or family with a proven record of exceptional generosity who, through direct financial support, demonstrates outstanding civic and charitable responsibility, and whose generosity encourages others to take philanthropic roles in the community. Nominees will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Evidence of direct gift support and its impact on the community.
- Evidence of encouragement and motivation to others to take leadership roles in philanthropy.
- Description of participation in and financial support to other nonprofit organizations.
- Description of philanthropic support to innovative approaches to problem solving.
Volunteer Fundraiser of the Year honors an individual or family that demonstrates outstanding skills in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for fundraising projects for the benefit of charitable institutions. The nominee must have demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating groups of volunteers for major fundraising projects for more than one nonprofit organization. Nominees will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Evidence of quality of leadership and organizational ability in fundraising campaigns.
- Description of time, effort, and personal commitment to philanthropy.
- Evidence of recruiting and motivating others to be committed to philanthropy.
- Description of participation in other nonprofit organizations.
Fundraising Professional of the Year recognizes an outstanding fundraising executive who practices the profession in an exemplary way. They must spend a majority of time on fundraising. Nominees will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Description of career achievements, length and tenure of fundraising background, and experience.
- Evidence of experience, leadership, creativity and involvement in the advancement of the fundraising profession.
- Membership in professional organizations, commitment to continuing professional development, and evidence that the individual adheres to the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice.
- Evidence of commitment to fundraising and philanthropy through participation in other community nonprofit organizations.