2020 Outstanding Philanthropists

NPD_Sig_Hor_Color.jpg

VANESSA MORGAN AND BOB QUILLIN
2020 Outstanding Philanthropists

Vanessa Morgan and Bob Quillin, the founders of V & B Philanthropy, are lovers of mankind. V & B Philanthropy was birthed out of the concern that Vanessa and Bob had for the Portland community around teenage homelessness and education. After due diligence and assistance from a research consultant firm V & B Philanthropy became active in 2009.  

V & B Philanthropy is committed to improving humanity and seeks to promote the welfare of others. Their altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement are to be commended. The beneficiaries of their giving are in four specific areas: private initiatives, education and youth development, public services and advocacy and policy change. Their compassionate and unselfish support of these causes helps improve and sustain vibrant and thriving communities.   Their support is not only monetary but includes investing countless hours volunteering their time. They have generously supported Self-Enhancement, Inc., Project Access Now, The Maurice Lucas Foundation, and Basic Rights Oregon, among others.

“Bob Quillin and Vanessa Morgan live their lives as true humanitarians.  They are the epitome of the words spoken by the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’ V & B Philanthropy’s fundamental belief is equality for all provides an even playing field to achieve and excel.  They hold fast understanding that to much is given, much is required,” notes Tony Hopson Sr., President and CEO of Self Enhancement, Inc. 

One of the couple’s favorite quotes is: “I’m no longer accepting the things I cannot change...I’m changing the things I cannot accept.” - Angela Davis. V & B Philanthropy’s charitable giving continues to make an impact in the lives of those they support and will continue to yield positive results in building sustainable futures for those that need a hand up.

2020 PHILANTHROPY AWARDS PRESENTING SPONSOR

OSUF

2020 PHILANTHROPY AWARDS PRESIDENTIAL SPONSOR

PeaceHealth

2020 PHILANTHROPY AWARDS HONOREE SPONSOR