Executive Director of Development and Alumni Relations
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law seeks an extraordinary, collaborative leader with a passion for higher education to serve as its chief fundraiser and lead partner in advancement strategy. The Executive Director will inspire and lead a collaborative, high-performing team and help lift the college to greater heights.
A collegial community of approximately 600 students and more than 50 faculty members, Moritz is known for its rigorous academic program, the pioneering research of its world-class faculty, a deep commitment to teaching and inclusiveness, and the development of future leaders. The college is positioned to maintain a record-breaking fundraising pace of continued growth and upward trajectory in recent years. The Executive Director will play a pivotal role in maintaining this momentum by leading an innovative, sophisticated, and high-functioning Advancement team. The role reports directly to both the Assistant Vice President of Development and Dean Lincoln Davies, who took the helm of Moritz in July.
Core responsibilities of the Executive Director include imagining and implementing creative ways to engage alumni and other law school constituents; increasing awareness, engagement, and philanthropic support; providing strategic guidance and advice to and partnering with the Dean; engaging in direct fundraising of major gifts; and instilling a sense of trust, teamwork, and collaboration through management and leadership of the Advancement team. Successful candidates will be collaborative, open-minded, and team-oriented; value-based, transparent, and data-driven in their approach to decision-making; eminently collegial, trustworthy, and professional; strategic, thoughtful, imaginative, and willing to experiment and think outside the box; deeply value a sense of community; and possess strong judgement and understand the mission, needs, and value proposition of the college.
Position highlights include opportunities to accomplish the following:
• Help shape, implement, and finalize the next comprehensive campaign for the college.
• Lead a team of fundraisers to identify, cultivate, solicit, and secure major gifts with a personal fundraising emphasis on major and principal gifts.
• Enhance the donor relations and stewardship strategy to allow the college to further develop, grow, and sustain an engaged donor network.
• Explore new strategies for fundraising, including by deepening annual giving.
• Strategically engage alumni in efficient and effective ways with particular focus on developing future philanthropic capacity, adapting programming as
society and generations change, and increasing annual support for the college.
• Collaborate with the Alumni Association to utilize new tools to segment and strategically reach the college’s alumni population.
• Partner with the college’s marketing and communications team to ensure effective, efficient outreach to a broad base of constituents.
In addition to leading the growth of this team, the Executive Director will be a key member of the fundraising leadership team for the university and join a best-in-class Advancement environment that provides the resources, talent, and culture of collaboration to ensure success. This position likewise serves as a key member of the Dean’s leadership team.
First 1-3 months
1) Lead in helping shape and implement the college’s new comprehensive campaign, including providing strategic advice to the Dean on campaign design
and overall fundraising strategy approach
2) Assess the overall structure, approach, resources, etc. of the Advancement team
3) Build positive relationships with key internal faculty, staff, and external stakeholders
First 3-6 months
1) Prepare for FY20 (budget, staffing, fundraising projections, goals, etc.)
2) Help finalize the college’s campaign planning
3) Start to actively fund-raise
First 12 months
1) Lead the successful launch of the college’s campaign as part of the university campaign
2) Positively lead the overall Advancement team while instilling a trusting, team-based, and collaborative culture
3) Continue the fundraising growth of the college
Requirements include the experience and ability to deliver the following results:
• Lead and grow a sophisticated, collaborative team, focusing on its success as a unit and the professional development of its individuals.
• Build strong relationships with college and Advancement leadership, faculty, alumni, and staff to advance the missions of the college and university.
• Maintain the momentum needed to increase fundraising amounts annually.
• Work strategically with all internal and external audiences, adjusting as needed to different audiences and situations.
• Increase the percentage of the college’s alumni who donate annually and partner with the Alumni Association on increasing the university’s overall
alumni donation rate.
• Partner with the Dean and college communications team in their continued efforts at brand strategy overhaul, promotion of faculty work, and enhancing
state, national, and international recognition and reputation of the college.
You Need To Know
The Ohio State University is looking to make an investment in an experienced professional who will evolve the Advancement opportunities for the college and institution and therefore the salary for this position is negotiable. Aside from the unparalleled benefits of working for The Ohio State University and working in the diverse, smart, safe, fun and growing city of Columbus, Ohio, this opportunity will provide exceptional rewards that arise from working for a land grant institution where you will truly feel the impact of your work. Learn more here: hr.osu.edu/careers/.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.
How to Apply
Please visit www.advancement.osu.edu to find out more about University Advancement and apply online at https://osujoblinks.com/i7ig. Questions may be directed to Steph Mizer, Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition and Management, email@example.com.
TITLE: Development & Community Relations Manager
DEPARTMENT: Endowment and JCRC
REPORTS TO: Financial Resource Development and Jewish Community Relations Council Directors
The Youngstown Area Jewish Federation seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and passionate leader with experience in community relations and fundraising. This position will assist the FRD and JCRC Directors with various fundraising, community relations, and engagement initiatives and projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal, nonprofit management, strategic planning, fundraising and event/project management skills as well as a demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships. This position will play a major role in engaging current and future lay leaders in the Federation’s work, as guided by our mission:
… to sustain and enrich the quality of life for the Jewish people regionally, in Israel and worldwide. We are guided by the values of Tzedakah, Klal Yisrael, Dor l'dor and Tikkun Olam.
Work closely with the FRD Director to do the following:
- Diversify sources of support including, but not limited to, special events, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, direct response communications, planned giving and grant writing and management.
- Fully utilize and manage the campaign software
- Ensure timely recognition of pledges, gifts, sponsorships and grants and coordinate appropriate recognition elements
- Philanthropically engage those who grew up in Youngstown but have moved away
- Work closely with Department Heads to identify and pursue needed funding from individuals, foundations, organizations, etc. Assist Departments in enhancing their sustainer drives and fundraising events
- Assist in administering funds held at the Youngstown Area Jewish Foundation
- Plan and execute all logistical aspects of annual Campaign and recognition events in partnership with the FRD Director and Executive VP
- Prepare for committee and board meetings
Work closely with the JCRC Director to do the following:
- Represent the Federation in the Jewish and general communities, and maintain relationships, particularly those in the interfaith and interracial communities, that help advance the Federation’s mission
- Manage large community relations and engagement initiatives guided by the Federation’s current strategic plan
- Assist in the education of the greater community about issues and current events to foster understanding and cooperation pertaining to Jewish causes, Israel, anti-Semitism and against BDS
- Assist with government affairs and advocacy initiatives in support of the Federation’s core mission
- Monitor events affecting domestic and international issues of concern to the Jewish community and work with lay leadership to set policy and mobilize the community
- Assist in the preparation for committee and board meetings, and serve as the primary staff person for the JCRC Social Action Committee
All other duties as assigned by the FRD and JCRC Directors.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of experience in nonprofit management, especially pertaining to community relations and financial resource development (equivalent experience in sales, marketing or business development will also be considered)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Maintenance of confidentiality
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors and volunteers
- Ability to manage competing priorities and pressures
- Excellent program administration, community organizing and event organizing skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish life and a passionate commitment to the Jewish community, the State of Israel and the Jewish people
Youngstown Area Jewish federation c/o Human Resources
505 Gypsy Lane
Youngstown, OH 44504 Humanresources@jewishyoungstown.org
Job Title: Sr. EDUtainer – Events & Field Trips
Salary Range: $12.00-$18.00 per hour
Effective Date: Immediate
Occupational Summary Reporting to the Director of EDUtainment, this Senior EDUtainer is responsible for delivering programming at OH WOW!. In addition, in cooperation with the DE and other the Sr. EDUtainers, this position will be responsible for cooperatively developing and implementing educational programming within and outside of OH WOW!’s walls. This position will be thoroughly committed to OH WOW!’s mission. In tandem with other staff, the Senior EDUtainer will represent OH WOW! in a courteous and efficient manner and serve as an enthusiastic voice on behalf of OH WOW! at all times. This permanent, full-time member of OH WOW!’s team will further the Center’s mission by carrying out our stated goals and strategies, specifically related to scheduling and delivering a high quality experience guests while increasing earned income for in house programming.
Duties include but are not limited to: 1) Serve as a member of the Center’s management team led by the Director of Education as guided by our strategic plan. 2) Promote, schedule, follow-up and deliver field trip and EDUtaining programming at OH WOW! 3) Assist in the building of positive relationships with local schools throughout the community. 4) Facilitate and coordinate programming within InspireWorks MakerSpace Lab 5) Ensure that all educational programming and exhibits are developmentally appropriate and connected with the educational content standards in Ohio and Pennsylvania. 6) Exhibit floor facilitation and training of OH WOW! floor staff to properly guide visitors’ engagement with all exhibit experiences. 7) Work with other Sr. EDUtainers to manage and oversee the program team. 8) Other duties as assigned
Ensuring that through engagement and appropriate modeling strategies of play, OH WOW! is a safe, and creative learning environment fostering independent thinking, inquiry and enrichment to all of its visitors. The Sr. EDUtainer will work directly with the EDUtainment Team and have an active role in program development. The Sr. EDUtainer will have a strong ability to reflect on successes and assist in changes for the planning and development of programming according to the intended audience. The Sr. EDUtainer will have a strong understanding and foundation for the development of hands-on STEM programming and its best practices. The Sr. EDUtainer will model positive interaction for all guests on each of OH WOW!’s educational exhibits. The Sr. EDUtainer will serve as a community liaison to enthusiastically represent OH WOW! in a courteous and efficient manner at all times. The Sr. EDUtainer will be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Responsibilities The ideal candidate will be flexible, adaptable, creative, driven, resourceful and hardworking. S/he will demonstrate a clear sense of initiative, leadership, positive attitude, and ability to work both independently and passionately within a highly creative and flexible environment. Criminal background check required.
Please send resume to Colleen Ruby at firstname.lastname@example.org
OH WOW! is an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Chief Development Officer
Reports to: President & CEO
The Jewish Community Board of Akron (JCBA) commits to creating Jewish Connections for Life - ensuring that all Jews can participate in Jewish life in any way that fits their interests and passions, at every stage of life. Supporting and enriching the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel and worldwide, the JCBA supports multiple local, national, and global Jewish organizations and initiatives. Additionally, JCBA oversees the operations and administration of The Schultz Campus for Jewish Life – a 55-acre campus that houses the JCBA, The Shaw JCC, The Lippman School, Congregation Beth El, Center Towers, and JFS of Akron.
The Greater Akron community is growing and there is a need to enhance and build upon the rich tradition of philanthropy in the Jewish community. We seek an experienced fundraiser, with a proven track-record of developing and successfully implementing a fundraising strategy.
The CDO has primary responsibility for implementing a clear and compelling vision for growing the Financial Resource Development (FRD) platform for the agencies of the Schultz Campus for Jewish Life. S/he will design and execute a comprehensive and diversified fundraising plan which includes working with special events, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, direct response communications (direct mail, e-philanthropy, telemarketing, etc.) missions, volunteer leadership recruitment, affinity group campaigns and planned giving. This plan will be inclusive of the development needs of the JCBA Annual Campaign, The Shaw JCC of Akron, and The Lippman School, and more generally, The Schultz Campus for Jewish Life.
S/he will play a key role in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting major donors. The candidate should have outstanding organizational and communication skills necessary to build strong and trusted relationships with staff, donors and volunteers. The individual will lead a both a professional and lay development committee. This person will also serve as part of the senior management team.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Be a thought partner with the CEO and key lay and professional leadership to develop short term and long-term strategies for fundraising growth and success for the affiliated agencies on The Schultz Campus for Jewish Life.
- Develop and execute the overall strategic plan for an integrated philanthropy model which supports the mission of the organization including endowment and legacy cultivation.
- Create and execute an annual development plan which outlines and highlights the roles, responsibilities, and objectives of each member of the development team, both volunteer and professional, as well as highlights the strategies and milestones that will be measured to attain success.
- Develop and implement donor recognition and campaign volunteer training programs. This includes recruitment of and retention of campaign volunteers, campaign volunteer meetings, trainings, and contacts as well as the ongoing stewardship of all donors.
- Staff the Campus Development Committee and subsequent sub-committees.
- Develop a plan to ensure the professional development committee members are tasked with the appropriate duties to ensure the success of the campus development plan.
- Provide mentorship and direction to the professional development committee and individual team members to enhance their ability for success in executing the campus development plan.
- Work with the Controller and CFO to develop annual departmental budgets.
- Track all proposals, due dates and reports for foundation and corporate donors and prospects.
- Drive the process for all grant proposals and reports, ensuring they are assigned to appropriate staff and are prepared in a timely manner.
- Oversee all weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting for timeliness and accuracy
- Develop a dashboard containing key development metrics for development team and executive team.
- Assure there is timely, accurate reporting to donors and campaign volunteers.
- Present the development plan and ongoing metrics to the board of directors and other key committees as needed.
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Develop and lead the execution of the campus annual, endowment, and special project development plan, safeguarding the achievement of annual revenue goals.
- Develop, and steward all donors, as measured by the number of contacts designated in the development plan for each member of the professional development committee, enabling successful solicitations and fund development.
- Create and execute a strategy for creating and sustaining a base of new annual donors.
- Create a Major Gifts Plan that includes volunteer and professional participation and support.
- Create a New Grants Plan which addresses the local and national grants the Federation is eligible for and draft and submit these grants.
- Lead the organizational fundraising events held in support of campus development plan.
- Meet annual goals for soliciting assigned donors and prospects.
- Oversee the corporate sponsorship activities to ensure the annual goal is met.
- Develop strategy and calendar and oversee direct mail, telemarketing, and e-philanthropy initiatives.
- Work with key leadership and CEO to strategically assign donors to volunteer donor engagers and professional staff.
Other duties and special projects may be assigned by the CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree required with preference given to professionals with advanced education in business, marketing, or related areas.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience in financial resource development, including donor development and major gift solicitation.
- Experience leading a development team. Equivalent experience in sales, marketing or business development will also be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with multiple constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed under pressure in a dynamic environment and comfortable with change and working in undefined situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and collaboratively manage a professional team.
- A leader who can positively impact strategic fundraising and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Preference will be given to candidates with deep knowledge of Judaism, Jewish culture, and a personal commitment to Jewish values and knowledge of Jewish traditions.
- While knowledge about the Jewish Federation is desirable, it is not a prerequisite for this position. Candidates with significant foundation, corporate sales and marketing experience and a client-focused mindset are particularly welcome.
For more information or to apply, please contact email@example.com.