Drury University is hiring a Development Officer - Major Gifts
Department: University Advancement
Supervisor: Executive Vice President for Development & Campaign Director
Schedule: Regular, Full time, 12 months, Monday - Friday
Description: Position is responsible for managing and implementing development efforts to raise funds from alumni, parents, corporations and other friends of Drury. The primary focus is on a portfolio of assigned prospects to raise major gifts of $25,000 and up. Using best practices and supported by a strong research and analytics-driven donor services team, this position will help expand identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of potential friends and major donors to fund university-wide priorities and designated projects. Regional travel is expected.
6/13/2018:Presbyterian Children's Homes and Services is hiring a Development Officer
View Full Job Description
Location: Springfield, MO
PCHAS seeks a proven major gifts fundraiser with three to five years of experience. This position is responsible for securing gifts from individuals and churches in an assigned geographic region. In addition to building and maintaining authentic relationships with the agency’s strongest supporters, this position nurtures important relationships with volunteers, Ambassadors (voluntary church advocates), pastors and church leaders. This position has no supervision responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Speak frequently telling the PCHAS story at worship services, church potlucks and other community events.
- Effectively recruit donors to serve as Table Hosts for an annual fundraising luncheon.
- Manage one annual fundraising luncheon within one’s assigned geographic territory.
- Meet annual fundraising goals and measurable efforts for one’s assigned region.
- Monitor progress towards stated goals using the quarterly and annual gift reports prepared by central staff in Austin.
- Write call reports for all donor visits and meaningful phone calls.
- Participate in the weekly Development Officer conference calls.
- Provide assistance as requested with the agency’s communications staff.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with program staff members.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Development Officer has the option to work from home or office setting. Development activities are carried out in a variety of settings. Some functions are performed in an office environment while others occur in a donor’s home or place of business. Travel is required and opportunities to meet with donors and potential donors often occur in the evening and on weekends. There is a need to lift, move or transport boxes of development materials on occasion that may weigh up to 40 lbs.
Education and Experience. A college degree is strongly preferred.
Demonstrated work experience and success in the area of funds development strongly preferred.
Agency will also consider pastors and program leaders of non-profit organizations with skills in funds development.
Licenses and Certifications
Certification as a professional fund-raiser, such as CFRE, is desirable, but not required.
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of how to cultivate and solicit major gifts.
Knowledge of how to organize special events, such as an annual luncheon.
Flexibility in interpersonal style in order to accommodate working with various constituencies.
Knowledge of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and ECO Presbyterian Church is welcomed.