Do you know someone that has given back to the community through philanthropy? Someone that is always volunteering or has a passion for helping others? Honor that person with a nomination to be recognized at our National Philanthropy Day! The categories are: Outstanding Philanthropist, Outstanding Philanthropic Organization, Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser, Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy Award, and Outstanding Professional Fundraiser.
The Southern Minnesota Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals invites nominations for the 2017 AFP Awards for Philanthropy.
Individuals, corporations, foundations, or other organizations may be nominated by any member of the public. Nominators are welcome to submit nominations for all categories. Nominees not selected for recognition will automatically be reconsidered the following year.
Posthumous nominations will not be accepted. However, if a nominee passes away after the nomination is received, the nomination will be considered.
You can nominate this person by following this link or by completing the packet and returning it to Neal Engelman by August 31, 2017.
Nomination materials should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A completed nomination form (see last page)
- Narrative information which addresses the selection criteria for the award, and is a maximum of 3 typed pages in no smaller than 12 point type
- A maximum of 3 letters of endorsement
- Resumes, newspaper clippings, annual reports, etc. will NOT be accepted as substitutes for narrative responses to the selection criteria, and should not be submitted as part of the nomination
- All nomination materials shall remain the property of the Chapter.
Completed nomination materials should be submitted to:
Waddell & Reed, Inc.
2765 Commerce Drive NW, Suite 110
Rochester, MN 55901
Phone: 507-282-5323 x 135
The Selection Process
Nominations will be reviewed by civic leaders from Southern Minnesota and members of the AFP Southern Minnesota Chapter Board of Directors. Awards may not be given in every category each year.
All award recipients will be recognized during the Philanthropy Day Program on November 14, 2017 in Rochester.