The Greater San Fernando Valley Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP GSFV) is one of the most active chapters in the Los Angeles area, offering members the opportunity to connect with colleagues, engage in creative thinking, network with new friends and achieve great results in their work.
We focus on delivering innovative educational programs and events to help you reach your goals. AFP GSFV is your link to professional development luncheons; meet the funder programs; live webinars, and CFRE prep groups. We also offer opportunities for volunteering, special events like National Philanthropy Day, and our Fundraising Education Conference. Make AFP GSFV work for you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and get involved!
Please check out our programs, volunteer opportunities and get to know your Chapter leaders. If you're not a member, join today and be connected!
AFP Global Announces Membership Dues Increase Effective July 1, 2019 for Professional and Associate Members
As of July 1, 2019, membership dues for Professional and Associate members will increase by $30. This is the first increase in the past ten years, and allows AFP to continue developing and enhancing member benefits.
Just some of the benefits in the last couple of years include:
- Creation of educational offerings such as Microlearning Videos, revision of the Ready Reference Series of books, and additional educational articles through the new Advancing Philanthropy Perspectives online section—all free of charge to members;
- Launch of the new AFP website www.afpglobal.org and new upgraded member-database system, all of which will allow AFP to better serve members more effectively and efficiently;
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA) work, including ground-breaking new research on sexual harassment and the gender salary gap, as well as the upcoming Women’s Impact Summit—all part of the Women’s Impact Initiative;
- New leadership and career development tools such as AFP 360°, powered by Korn Ferry—with nearly all of those benefits free of charge to members;
- Negotiation training workshops provided through a partnership with the American Association of University Women—free of charge to members;
- AFP Connect, an AFP members-only online forum and networking tool/resource for chapters—free of charge to members;
- Cutting-edge research such as the Fundraising Effectiveness Project, which tracks how giving is faring while providing tools and resources on increasing donor retention—provided free of charge to members;
- New chapter websites through Higher Logic, provided free of charge to chapters;
- Free online educational courses through Blackbaud University—provided free of charge to members;
- Enhanced conferences, including new education and networking opportunities at AFP ICON (International Conference on Fundraising) and a completely new experience at AFP LEAD (formerly Leadership Academy)—now offering leadership and educational programming for all members; and
- Revamped communications, such as AFP Daily and the Week in Review, which provide timely updates and sector news—provided free of charge to members.
Rationale: Current and Future Pricing
The dues increase recommendation is also based upon findings from the Value Proposition and Member Pricing Research Survey, which found that the optimal price for the professional or associate membership was found to be between $250 and $290. Even with the $30 dues increase, the new rate remains within the optimal level.
The task force also recommended a bylaws change to reflect a dues increase of 2% every two years (rounded up or down to the nearest $5 increment) to continually keep up with inflation.
Board approved changes are:
Member Category Current Dues Dues as of July 1, 2019
Professional $250 + chapter dues $280 + chapter dues
Associate $250 + chapter dues $280 + chapter dues
The other membership categories will stay the same.