Company Name: CRCC
Date Posted: 11/28/2018
CCRC prides itself as a workplace of choice for passionate talent, driven by our mission to cultivate child, family, and community well-being. Whether the position works directly with the public or supports our programs, every position is vital to our mission’s success and reputation as a leader. We are not your typical non-profit. We are 800 people strong and growing.
The Development Manager will be under the general supervision of the Business & Community Development Manager/Director of Communications. The Development Manager is responsible for identifying potential donors, establishing relationships for donor development and for stewarding potential, current and past donors. The manager will also be responsible for creating the annual fundraising plan targeting individuals and business and community leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Donor Identification (30%)
- Represent the organization in local business and community organizations to identify and to network with potential donors.
- Create and manage donor pipeline with specific donor goals and objectives.
Donor Relationship Building (30%)
- Create donor segment strategy.
- Identify opportunities to engage new, current and past donors with the organization’s programs.
- Host and steward donors during organization’s special events.
Fundraising Planning (30%)
- Working with supervisor and/or other organizational leaders, create annual fundraising plans and programs to drive donor engagement.
- Create fundraising plans to secure annual gifts and major gifts.
- Support the special events team by securing special event sponsorships.
Donor Data Base (10%)
- Manage and maintain donor data base.
- Prepare donor reports as required.
Requirements to be successful in this job:
- Associate of Arts Degree required, or higher preferred. Certified Fund Raising Executive (“CFRE”) designation desired, but not required.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in fund development required. Experience managing donor relationships and donor databases, preparing donor reports and tracking donor results.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Creative, conceptual and flexible approach to manage diverse donor relationships.
- Ability to connect donors with the organization’s mission, vision and goals.
- Poise, confidence and engaging communication style.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with employees and outside partners.
- Excellent computer skills (typing 50+ WPM) to include knowledge of online research, web analytics and social media, advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, and database management experience.
- Must have use of an automobile with adequate insurance coverage and a valid California's Driver's License with an acceptable driving record substantiated by a copy of DMV records.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and have the ability to work non-traditional work schedules, which may include evenings and Saturdays.
At CCRC, passion and meaningful work is rewarded! We offer employees:
- Competitive compensation package
- Robust benefit offerings- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability paid for by CCRC
- Employer Contribution and Employer Match in the 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan with 100% vesting
- Generous Time Off policy- Vacation and Sick Time, Holidays, and Paid Winter Break
- Opportunities for learning and professional development, including tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Programs
- 501(c)(3) designation – You can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
We have doubled in size over the past 10 years. We provide child development and early education, workforce development opportunities, child care financial assistance, Head Start preschool and Early Head Start services, and more for close to 50,000 parents, children, and child care providers each month in Northern Los Angeles County, including Antelope Valley, and the entirety of San Bernardino County, including an office in Victorville, serving a total geographic area of 22,500 square miles.
CCRC will consider for employment qualified applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
For more information and/or to apply for this position, please visit www.ccrcca.org. Click on “work at CCRC,” and click on job requisition #18-0353, Development Manager. You may also contact Pegi Matsuda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 493-6664 for more information.