Date Posted : 07/30/2019Job Description Position:
Director of Advancement Location:
Washington DC-Boston corridor Office:
Your home Full Time:
Yes, option for Part time Reports to:
CEO Role Overview
● Have you been longing for an opportunity to use your passion, expertise and time to partner with God in His work? ● Do you want to represent an organization where you are proud of the positive, eternal impact that we are having on women? ● Do you thrive on cultivating relationships and inviting others on a great mission? ● Do you have a deep love of Scripture and enjoy connecting others with the Truths of the Bible?
If the answers to the questions above are yes - then do we have a great opportunity for you! This unique, newly created position is for the candidate eager to bring the best of herself to our mission helping to connect Catholic women to Jesus.
Our Director of Advancement is a professional responsible for planning, overseeing, and executing all the work associated with donations to our work. These include: institutional advancement relationships resulting in major gifts, the annual giving program, grants, and special events. Her team will execute campaigns, solicit gifts, seek grants, engage customers and volunteer leaders, and tell the Walking with Purpose story in a way that is accurate, compelling, and motivates people to take action to support our work.
Reporting directly to the CEO, this seasoned executive has proven expertise in development and personal experience in all areas of advancement including managing a small team of high performance, passionate development professionals. The candidate is creative and inspired, ready to step into all responsibilities of our ministry’s advancement effort with confidence and a history of success. Our Director of Advancement will be part of the ministry’s senior leadership team.
Our DOA will help WWP identify and execute new ways of translating WWP’s unparalleled customer satisfaction to institutional and personal philanthropic investment in our rapidly growing ministry. Our ideal candidate has been a participant in a Walking with Purpose study, is inspired by our bold mission, and desires to lead a key role in our mission.
This position will require travel for donor visits mainly in the Northeast and team meetings in Greenwich, CT, and occasional evening and weekend work. The ideal candidate lives in the New York, Philadelphia, or Washington, DC metropolitan area. Required Experience and Education
● 4 or more years’ experience in development (fundraising/donor relations - preferably for a non-profit) or in a relevant sales or business development role for a large business
● Bachelor’s degree or higher
● Management experience leading a team of advancement/sales of business development professionals
● Quantifiable history of meeting advancement, sales or business development goals
● Excellent storyteller and writer
● Love of Scripture and the Catholic faith
● Proficient in Salesforce, MS Office and Google Business Apps Core Responsibilities
Oversee all the moving parts of a growing development department including:
1. Asking for Major Gifts
2. Oversight of annual giving program and solicitation calendar
3. Run stewardship plan
4. Own all donor data and maintain all donor records in Salesforce
5. Initiate & manage 12 grants per calendar year
6. Manage development associates (one full time or a small, nimble team) to ask for gifts face-face and who can develop and maintain a portfolio of existing and potential benefactors.
7. Support key executives (CEO, CPO) by setting up annual visits and “asks” by equipping with strategy and compelling stories
8. Create and publish annual report
9. Create plan and story for cascading communication to internal WWP coordinators and local leaders on need for WWP philanthropy
10.Introduce planned giving to potential benefactors
11.Develop specific asks for ministry needs that are linked to participants
● Enhance Leadership tools
● Promote WWP in parts of the US (i.e. Ambassador Events, WWP Live or dedicated RACs)
● Launch WWP in non-affluent dioceses or parishes
● Get WWP into Catholic middle schools (funding focus groups, market research and scholarships) Core Attributes
Our Advancement leader will exhibit these four core attributes of an ideal team player:
Self-motivated and diligent but constantly thinking about the next step and opportunity.
● Honoring and Team Oriented:
Quick to point out the contributions to others and slow to seek attention for their own. Share credit, emphasize team over self, and define success collectively rather than individually.
● Committed to Excellence:
● Emotionally Intelligent:
Self-aware, with intuition/good judgement of subtleties of group dynamics and impact of words and actions.
She should also be:
● Good listener
● Good communicator
● Energetic Company Description
The mission of Walking with Purpose (WWP)
is to help every American Catholic women and girl open her heart to Jesus Christ. Founded in 2008, WWP is a national, independent, non-profit that develops and delivers Bible studies to: adult women, young adult women, and middle school girls.
WWP is the perfect place to work for the right person. With your professional expertise, our remote work environment and a ministry that it is impacting the lives of thousands of Catholic women across the US, we believe that there is no better place to work.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com