Date Posted: 09/28/2018Grants Manager
Generations Family Health Center, Inc. is a regional community health center covering a thirty seven town rural region in eastern Connecticut with sites located in Willimantic, Danielson, Putnam and Norwich. Our dedicated staff provides a full range of preventative and primary care medical services to all ages including health maintenance of chronic diseases and patient case management, as well as complete dental services at our Willimantic site and through ACROSS THE SMILES mobile dental program operating in the Northeast and Windham service area. LOCATION: Willimantic, CTJOB SUMMARY:
The Grants Manager identifies potential grant support from government agencies, foundations and corporations to meet clinical, operational and financial needs of the health center. The Grants Manager is responsible for coordinating with project teams on all aspects of grant research, grant writing, program design and implementation, compliance, budgeting and grant reporting.QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Master’s degree in Public Health preferred. At least 2 years’ experience in grants/ program development preferably with health care and/or social service experience. Strong analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, attention to detail and experience with state and federal grant contracting processes. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent analytical and written and oral communication skills
• Ability to produce and interpret program and financial data
• Basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting
• Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities and detail-oriented
• Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access)
• Creative, innovative and independent thinker
• Works well as part of a multidisciplinary team consisting management and clinical providers.
• General knowledge of grant programs, policies and procedures for submittal and monitoring applications, letters of intent and proposals
• Ability to develop and maintain trust and confidence among various constituencies, including administration, providers, legislators, community partners and
• Strategic planning skills needed to work with management team for proposal planning and grant implementation
• Ability to handle multiple projects and proposals in deadline-driven environment is essential.RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and coordinate grants and contracts from needs assessment and program development through award, implementation, reporting and invoicing
• Serve as point person for major grants submissions by organizing and coordinating the team, developing the production schedule, and making final
• Maintain accurate and complete records of all activities associated with each contract or other related business items.
• Conduct proposal research on various private and public sources of funding, including foundations, corporations, state, federal and local agencies.
• Prepare qualitative and quantitative data-based needs assessment analysis.
• Prepare high-quality proposals, including grant writing and budget development, for submission to private foundations, corporations and government
• Oversee and manage contracts and grants to ensure compliance with reporting and legal requirements, fulfillment of contractual and budget obligations, and
act as liaison with contracting entities.
• Prepare programmatic and financial reports in conjunction with programmatic and fiscal teams
• Serve as a key contact on federal community health center grant (FQHC HRSA Section 330 Grant), including staying current on grant and regulatory
requirements, maintaining contact with the federal project officer, coordinating and making required submissions in the online HRSA portal (EHB - Electronic
Hand Book), and maintaining current status with required agencies.
• Maintain a solid understanding of health care industry, FQHC, FTCA, and other designated governmental program requirements
• Convene project teams for implementation of grants/contracts to review and address project deliverables and provide technical assistance to staff regarding
contract program requirements.
• In collaboration with administrative and program staff, develop and implement policies and procedures that ensure contract compliance and that effective
data collection and reporting mechanisms are in place.
• Maintain effective communication with staff responsible for implementing and reporting on grant deliverables
• Act as liaison with community partners, funding sources and legislators and work collaboratively with management team to ensure ongoing stewardship of
• Participate in monitoring visits, audits and related activities.
• Maintain certain administrative compliance registrations (SAM, 340B OPA, Duns and Bradstreet, HRSA EHB, etc.)
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Generations offers an attractive and competitive salary along with an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, 5 weeks Paid time Off, 9 Paid holidays, Employee Wellness Program, Employee assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, (for qualified medical and dependent care expenses), discount on Verizon Wireless phone plans, local gym and BJ’s membership discount. Interested applicants should submit cover letter and resume/CV to:
Generations Family Health Center, Inc.,
ATTN: Human Resources
40 Mansfield Ave, Willimantic, CT 06226-1948
FAX: (860) 456-1293 Email: email@example.com Closing Date:
Candidate screening will begin immediately. Open until filled
Generations Family Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity.