1. Serves as the Executive Director to the Foundation Board and to its committees and assumes responsibility for cultivating, training and supporting this board.
2. Incorporates Community Hospice’s policies and procedures, mission and vision in development and implementation plans. Develops and maintains Foundation policies and procedures.
3. Identifies, researches, and cultivates funding sources, including corporate, foundation, government and individuals, to support Community Hospice and its activities.
4. Develops solicitation materials and prepares funding applications to various sources, including the annual support program.
5. Coordinates and implements a plan of action for capital campaigns for special projects, such as the Alexander Cohen Hospice House and other capital needs.
6. Oversees a computerized record system for donations and recognitions to include donor acknowledgements.
7. Serves as a spokesperson to outside groups regarding fundraising activities.
8. Follows all Foundation and Community Hospice policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety, infection control privacy and confidentiality, and HIPAA.
9. Other duties as assigned, including work in other areas to meet the needs of the organization.
1. Ability to adhere to and ensure compliance with Foundation and Community Hospice policies and procedures and HIPAA policies.
2. Ability to communicate professionally in both written and verbal formats.
3. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with donors, board members, and other constituents of the organization.
4. Ability to handle confidential information and make appropriate judgments.
5. Ability to be self motivated and demonstrate leadership.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and remain on task for multiple projects.