on this day
between these dates
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Code of Conduct
AFP CA, Yosemite Chapter
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
About Our Chapter
Be the Cause 2018
Post a Message
Share a File
Create a Blog
Chapter Job Center
Pay It Forward: Intergenerational Philanthropy in Our Region
A Journey Through Fundraising
National Philanthropy Day 2018
National Philanthropy Day 2016
Chapter Job Center
MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Major Gifts Officer, Community Hospice Foundation
Community Hospice Foundation
June 13, 2018
The Major Gifts Officer will cultivate donors and provide meaningful donor engagement and recognition. Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Community Hospice Foundation, the Major Gifts Officer will create and implement all aspects of the Annual Major Gifts/Planned Giving Programs,
including all individual giving constituencies giving at $5,000 and above. This includes campaigns, gift processing, acknowledgments, personal calls and cultivation events.
1. Cultivate relationships with prospective and current major donors and planned giving prospects.
2. Coordinate donor cultivation and recognition events with assistance of the Executive Director.
3. Maintain prospect and donor base as it relates to the donor and cultivation and organizational fundraising events. Attend as required.
4. Develop and oversee a timely and relevant gift acknowledgment and recognition program with assistance of the Executive Director
5. Support development and oversee implementation of the Major Gifts Campaign for the annual fund as it relates to gifts of $5,000 and above. Responsibility for overall budgetary goal as set in budgetary process. Prepare solicitation material and presentations.
6. Support development and implementation of new Planned Giving Program. Work to ensure that the program becomes an integrated part of the overall development effort. Work closely with the Executive Director in the integration of an aggressive program to build our endowment fund.
7. Create, manage and update donors and prospect records in Raiser’s Edge and track solicitation and stewardship actions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
2. Excellent computer literacy and skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
3. Must have the ability to learn Raisers Edge 7 database system.
4. Outstanding communications skills: ie., personal, telephone skills, writing, verbal and listening.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Previous donors database experience helpful.
7. Proven track record in donor cultivation and recognition.
8. Ability to consistently understand complex business functions; preparing clear, concise, and comprehensive reports and correspondence.
9. Ability to consistently respond to changing situations in a flexible manner in order to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work and schedule as
10. Ability to handle confidential information and disseminate appropriate information to coworkers and other departments.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 2 + years in fundraising experience, specifically in Donor Relations and / or Major / Planned Giving preferred.
3. Ability to build strong community presence and strategic partnerships.
4. Possess valid California driver’s license with automobile insurance and have personal vehicle available for meeting with current and prospective donors.
5. Able to work in an individual or team environment and support other team members.
6. Positive professional attitude with sensitivity to the nature of hospice.
How to Apply:
Advertise with Us
Copyright 2017 AFP. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic
Add a tag
User Tags may not contain the following characters: @ # $ & :