Nominations for the 33rd Silicon Valley Philanthropy Day are now open!
Get ready to celebrate your generous fundraisers and volunteers that make your mission a reality with their passion and support! This year’s event will be held on November 6, 2020 at Villa Ragusa.
We all know that fundraising is built on relationships. And your donors only love you as much as you love them back. Why not give a donor, or grant maker or volunteer fundraiser a huge hug and nominate them for an award at Silicon Valley Philanthropy Day? We have awards to fit organizations of all sizes!
Our Distinguished Volunteer Fundraiser award is non-competitive. Just select your honoree, fill out the registration form to receive your unique log-in to complete the nomination form. It's so easy!!!
Our Outstanding awards in six categories this year are competitive. The Outstanding Awards recognize extraordinary contributions to the world of philanthropy and the local community. Collaborative nominations are encouraged. AFP SVC will select one nominee (a couple or group may be considered as one nominee) in each category.
The categories include:
- Outstanding Philanthropist - This award recognizes a family or individual with a proven record of exceptional generosity who, through direct financial support, has demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility, and whose generosity encourages others to take philanthropic leadership roles on a community, regional, or national level.
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser - This award recognizes a volunteer who has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills in coordinating and motivating groups of volunteers for a major fund-raising project(s) for the benefit of a charitable institution(s).
- Outstanding Corporate Grant Maker - This award recognizes a business, corporation or its corporate foundation that has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to philanthropy through financial support (cash and/or in-kind products or services) and community involvement.
- Outstanding Foundation Grant Maker - This award recognizes a private or public foundation that demonstrates an outstanding commitment to philanthropy through financial support and encouragement and motivation of others to take leadership roles toward philanthropy and community involvement.
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization - This award recognizes a civic, youth or service club that has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the community through direct financial support and leadership of philanthropy.
- Outstanding Professional Fundraiser - This award recognizes an exemplary fundraising professional who has at least ten years of experience; has demonstrated persuasive, effective, and creative leadership; gives his or her best as a team member; adheres to AFP’s Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice; displays a commitment to volunteerism; and may participate in and support many nonprofit organizations.
NOTE: This year there is no restriction on the number of employees for the Outstanding Corporate Grantmaker award and you can nominate a youth group under Outstanding Philanthropic Organization.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, March 19th, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Questions please email: email@example.com