AFP- GLAC is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the 2021 Chamberlain Scholarship. Each year AFP Foundation for Philanthropy offers one registration scholarship to qualified chapters for the Annual AFP International Conference on Fundraising (ICON). This program is designed to help individuals serving nonprofit organizations develop their knowledge and skills in fundraising. The scholarship honors the memory of Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE.
AFP ICON, AFP’s flagship “International Conference,” is held each year and brings together nearly 4,000 fundraising professionals to discuss important trends and issues related to fundraising and philanthropy, with a focus on fundraising practice and technique. AFP ICON VIRTUAL is the companion online component of this conference, offering an opportunity for those unable to travel to virtually join us at the event!
The 2021 AFP ICON/AFP ICON VIRTUAL will be held Monday-Wednesday, June 28-30, 2021, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
One candidate will be chosen by our Chapter Scholarship Committee to receive a scholarship toward registration for the AFP International Fundraising Conference on Philanthropy. Registration fees, except for a $10 payment to secure registration, are paid by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
In addition, our Greater Los Angeles Chapter will generously reimburse up to $1,000 to this year’s winner to be used specifically toward travel and lodging costs in Minneapolis. These funds may be used only for the 2021 AFP International Conference.
Chamberlain Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about his or her experience at International Conference.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. This can be accomplished through a report to chapter leadership, a contribution to the chapter newsletter, or an alternate contribution identified by chapter leadership.
Please note, this is not a full scholarship and the winner will be required to cover any and all expenses exceeding the amounts awarded. Chamberlain Scholars are responsible for registering themselves for the conference and for making all travel and lodging arrangements.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 4, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m.