Check back later this fall for more details on the 2021 Chamberlain Scholarship. The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy sponsors the Chamberlain Scholarship Program to help individuals serving nonprofit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising. The scholarship honors the memory of Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE.
The AFP International Conference on Fundraising is held each spring and brings more than 4,000 fundraising professionals together to discuss, teach, and learn about new development issues. It offers more than 100 educational sessions designed to serve the development needs of participants from entry-level to highly experienced.
One candidate will be chosen by our Chapter Scholarship Committee to receive a scholarship toward registration for the AFP International Fundraising Conference on Philanthropy (date and location TBA). Registration fees, except for a $10 payment to secure registration, are paid by the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy.
In addition, our Greater Los Angeles Chapter will generously reimburse up to $1,000 to this year’s winner to be used specifically toward travel and lodging costs. These funds may be used only for the 2020 AFP International Conference.
As an added benefit to our Greater Los Angeles Chapter members, $1,000 will be granted to the Chamberlain Scholarship runner-up to be used only for the 2021 AFP ICON.
Chamberlain Scholarship Eligibility Requirements:
- Candidate is employed as a fundraising professional or, if candidate is an executive director, a substantial amount of time must be devoted to fundraising.
- Candidate has never attended an AFP or NSFRE International Conference on Fundraising as a registered participant (unless as a member of the Conference Host Committee) and is enthusiastic to attend the full conference as scheduled.
- Candidate must agree to complete an online evaluation form about his or her experience at International Conference.
- Only one individual from any local organization or institution may be selected.
- Candidate must be willing to share their AFP ICON experience with their chapter after the conference has concluded. This can be accomplished through a report to chapter leadership, a contribution to the chapter newsletter, or an alternate contribution identified by chapter leadership.
Please note, this is not a full scholarship and the winner will be required to cover any and all expenses exceeding the amounts awarded. Chamberlain Scholars are responsible for registering themselves for the conference and for making all travel and lodging arrangements.
Application Deadline: TBA