The Okanagan Chapter is a newer AFP Chapter formed in 2014. Our board is made up of a number of people in our communities who are working in the Fundraising Profession and are committed to supporting others to grow as professionals.
The purpose of the Okanagan Chapter of AFP is to inspire philanthropy in our community. Our organization will accomplish our purpose by supporting members in their quest to inspire philanthropy in their respective areas of influence.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals empowers individuals and organizations to practice ethical fundraising through professional education, networking, research, and advocacy.
To stimulate communities of generosity and positive social good through fundraising best practice
AFP members of the Okanagan Chapter aspire to:
- Conduct themselves with philanthropy, integrity, truthfulness and adherence to the absolute obligation to safeguard the public trust;
- Encourage colleagues to embrace and practice the AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards;
- Respond effectively to Chapter needs.
The following strategies contribute to the attainment of a number of the AFP Okanagan Chapter's goals and objectives and as such are seen as our strategies:
- Alignment with AFP Canada and AFP International
- Philanthropy Day
- Membership Survey
- Professional Development
- Promote Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access (IDEA)
- Influence, Impact and Ethics
- Advance Social Good
- Provide Relevant Quality Education in the Okanagan
- Enhance Value for our Members
- Strengthen Capacity
- 10 Star Chapter