Position Title: Director of Development
Organization: ACR Health
City, State: Syracuse, NY
Posting Start Date: 8/13/2019
ACR Health is a not-for-profit, community-based organization providing a range of support services to individuals with chronic diseases, including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, asthma, substance use disorders, and serious mental illnesses, and targeted prevention and sexual health services to individuals, from youth through adulthood with the goal of positive health outcomes. We are currently hiring for a Director of Development in our Syracuse office.
In order to be considered:
Submit a cover letter with your resume to HR@ACRHealth.org that includes:
1) Why you are interested in the position
2) How you will use your qualifications to excel at the position’s responsibilities.
Director of Development Responsibilities:
- Incorporate best practices regarding confidentiality into all job duties and communications in accordance with Article 27-F and HIPAA, ACR Health policies and procedures and other applicable regulations. Protect agency data in accordance with confidentiality procedures and protocols. Observe and abide by the HIV Confidentiality Law and HIPAA.
- Provide day to day leadership, direction and staff development activities to department employees and volunteers as well as manage departmental activities and inventories for events.
- Coordinate and develop fundraising special projects to enhance current programs or establish new programs.
- Oversee special project development: Agency and special project public relations.
- Work with Communications and Marketing to connect media and be able to tell a story of the agency on all media outlets (Website, TV, radio and print) to support upcoming events.
- Manage and make recommendations for special projects budgets.
- Serve as community liaison to link with other organizations to develop resources, develop collaborative projects with other organizations in which ACR is the lead applicant or cooperating applicant.
- Ensure accurate completion of all required Raisers Edge and Access data entry and reporting.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients, volunteers and the appropriate components of the agency.
- Create an opportunity for Development Staff to further their skills through conferences and internal training with the help of Human Resources Department.
- Participate in ACR Strategic Planning activities as member of the ACR Management team. Attend and present at Management Team meetings and Staff Meetings.
- Provide support to designated Board Committees and related responsibilities as designated by the executive Director/Deputy Executive Director.
- Serve as planning support to the Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director.
- Perform others duties as assigned by the Executive Director/Deputy Executive Director.
Director of Development Requirements:
- Master's degree in Human Services/Health related field or business administration with one year in non-profit program administration. Other combinations of education and experience would also be considered.
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Excellent oral/written language, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Sensitivity to AIDS, chronic illness, LGTBQ issues and a strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of ACR Health are essential.
Director of Development Benefits:
- Career development through ongoing training, individual development plans and goals.
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off policy including four+ weeks’ vacation and 11 paid holidays.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 403(b) retirement plan
Please, no phone calls. Only applicants selected for interviews will be called. We wish we could personally respond to each application but due to the volume of interest we receive, we are not able to.
*ACR Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time